Stopping an Effect...

Hi All,
I have a question about stopping an effect in a cue that follows the cue that contains the effect.
Here is the scenario:
I take my mid-stage Mac 700's and place the Tilt into a sine wave with an offset and all that fun stuff for cue 2. In Cue 3 I want to stop the movement.... I grab the groups, assign them a static position and record cue 3 with the desired timing. Using either Record/Merge or Merge/Cue Number the first recording does not stop the movement. If I repeat the same syntax over again and record it (or merge/cue # twice in a row with the initial selection) it stops. Alternatively When I make the selection I open the effect engine and select "off" for that parameter and it seems to do it first.
I guess I am just looking for the 'proper' and 'efficient' method for this!
Thanks!
Robb
Parents
  • Robb,

If you have an effect playing back from a cue and there is nothing in the programmer, when you select lights and touch the parameters with the effect it should automatically set the effect table to Off. When you record this to a new cue, it should stop the effect.

As Jon suggested, you can make a palette that will stop all effects. The one hassle with this is when you want to stop an effect on a single parameter and still let other effects continue to run.

Another thing worth remembering is that effects have their own fade and delay timing. They don't just use the timing associated with their parameters. You may have to make some timing adjustments to get things looking right on stage.

I hope this helps.
  • Robb,

If you have an effect playing back from a cue and there is nothing in the programmer, when you select lights and touch the parameters with the effect it should automatically set the effect table to Off. When you record this to a new cue, it should stop the effect.

As Jon suggested, you can make a palette that will stop all effects. The one hassle with this is when you want to stop an effect on a single parameter and still let other effects continue to run.

Another thing worth remembering is that effects have their own fade and delay timing. They don't just use the timing associated with their parameters. You may have to make some timing adjustments to get things looking right on stage.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related