Stopping an Effect...

Hi All,
I have a question about stopping an effect in a cue that follows the cue that contains the effect.
Here is the scenario:
I take my mid-stage Mac 700's and place the Tilt into a sine wave with an offset and all that fun stuff for cue 2. In Cue 3 I want to stop the movement.... I grab the groups, assign them a static position and record cue 3 with the desired timing. Using either Record/Merge or Merge/Cue Number the first recording does not stop the movement. If I repeat the same syntax over again and record it (or merge/cue # twice in a row with the initial selection) it stops. Alternatively When I make the selection I open the effect engine and select "off" for that parameter and it seems to do it first.
I guess I am just looking for the 'proper' and 'efficient' method for this!
Thanks!
Robb
Parents
  • These are all really good solutions, and of course each has its own scenerio where it fits best. For me I like to build alot of specific chases, mainly P/T and Intensity, and trigger those from the macros. I like my FX to be in the actual cue, as I find sometimes they don't always realease like they are supposed too. On this tour I have a zillion macros going because I have a 32 channel lighted sign and some other scenic stuff... It was much easier to build 20 or so effects for that thing and bring them in externally. I am finding that just selecting "off" for each parameter seems to work best in the following cue. I guess the merge cue # twice may be a bug, but seems to work and gives me the speed I desire! This is why forums are nice! To find out many ways of doing the same thing!
    Cheers!

Robb
  • These are all really good solutions, and of course each has its own scenerio where it fits best. For me I like to build alot of specific chases, mainly P/T and Intensity, and trigger those from the macros. I like my FX to be in the actual cue, as I find sometimes they don't always realease like they are supposed too. On this tour I have a zillion macros going because I have a 32 channel lighted sign and some other scenic stuff... It was much easier to build 20 or so effects for that thing and bring them in externally. I am finding that just selecting "off" for each parameter seems to work best in the following cue. I guess the merge cue # twice may be a bug, but seems to work and gives me the speed I desire! This is why forums are nice! To find out many ways of doing the same thing!
    Cheers!

Robb
Children
No Data
Related