ETC Net

So every so often, i've come across a thread on the board that makes reference to using an ETC Net network.

In our theatre we have ETC Net, and just wondering if there are any advantages to using it?
Parents
  • Eric,

ETC Net2 DMX nodes are a great way to transport your DMX around a venue. I have a Hog DMX widget attached to one of my iPCs that feeds all 4 universes directly into a ETC DMX node. Various DMX nodes throughout the venue then provide the data distribution via Ethernet without having to worry about signal loss and extreme cable runs.

In an outdoor venue, I have a Hog 1000 that feeds DMX into one ETC node, which sends data to a dozen nodes spread out over a half-mile area.

Is this the kind of information you were looking for?

Jim Ohrberg
  • Eric,

ETC Net2 DMX nodes are a great way to transport your DMX around a venue. I have a Hog DMX widget attached to one of my iPCs that feeds all 4 universes directly into a ETC DMX node. Various DMX nodes throughout the venue then provide the data distribution via Ethernet without having to worry about signal loss and extreme cable runs.

In an outdoor venue, I have a Hog 1000 that feeds DMX into one ETC node, which sends data to a dozen nodes spread out over a half-mile area.

Is this the kind of information you were looking for?

Jim Ohrberg
Children
No Data
Related