ETC Net

So every so often, i've come across a thread on the board that makes reference to using an ETC Net network.

In our theatre we have ETC Net, and just wondering if there are any advantages to using it?
Parents
  • Eric,

I work in a venue where we have an ETC net2 system installed here in Chicago. It works well. We have 5 different lightboards which control three different rooms, one of which is across the street in a different building. Although mainly each desk controls it's own thing, the ETC net allows me to take control of lights typicaly controled by another desk. For example, for the most part my Hog III controls only the moving lights, but say I want to take a few dimmers away from the OBII I am able. It is a fairly simple system. It is also handy when I need to put some movers in a different room or outside for a special setup.

The Net system also allows me to turn on the lights in the room across the street, as well as adjust levels as needed (via the camera.)

Is there anything specific I can answer for you?

Scott
  • Eric,

I work in a venue where we have an ETC net2 system installed here in Chicago. It works well. We have 5 different lightboards which control three different rooms, one of which is across the street in a different building. Although mainly each desk controls it's own thing, the ETC net allows me to take control of lights typicaly controled by another desk. For example, for the most part my Hog III controls only the moving lights, but say I want to take a few dimmers away from the OBII I am able. It is a fairly simple system. It is also handy when I need to put some movers in a different room or outside for a special setup.

The Net system also allows me to turn on the lights in the room across the street, as well as adjust levels as needed (via the camera.)

Is there anything specific I can answer for you?

Scott
Children
No Data
Related