Select a sub-sequence of Fixtures

An idea for an extended select function:

Epecially while working with lots of LEDs, normally mounted together in equal combinations, it would be great to be able to select parts of these ones directly.

If You have 12 in a row, and 10 rows, to select each time the first fixtures in a row, while the numbers are 1 to 12 for the first row, 13 to 24 for the second and so on, it would be nice to be able do do something like "1 thru 120 / 12" which would give you 1 13 25 and so on.

In fact "a thru b / c" will select each c's fixture starting from a (included) all the way thru b.

In my eyes this is a very powerful tool to select masses of devices like LEDs to quickly address them. Either the "/" idea, or put the same kind of button like "buddy" or "group" into the select toolbar for this function.

Anybody with this idea ?
Parents
  • I would love to see a function where a user can touch group keys in an order and then "next/back" would step through the groups and then highlight the group button indicate it is the active selection.
    Furthermore, I would like to build in an "allow ref" feature for groups where a group could be created based on the selection order of other fixture group where performing adjustments, fans, etc would move the entire sub group as a whole. Yes, I understand this is already basically of command line fanning but damn! Command line fanning just takes too long sometimes.
    I wanna touch grp1, grp2, grp3, grp4 and then fan where each group travels the same amount sort of like group fanning.
    I also want to be able to touch grp1, grp2, grp3, grp4 and then by pressing next, be able to fan each group as a next.

With the group allow ref, on the selection toolbar have a key where allow refs is canceled and the total fixture order is grabbed.
    Examples of allow ref in groups would be if grp1 is 1-4, grp2 is 5-8, grp3 is 9-12, and grp4 is 13-16 then in normal operation would be that "next" selects the whole grp1 then whole grp2, etc.
    When allow ref was turned off during selection, next would step through 1 thru 16 like normal. Then perhaps another button that when pressed would allow for pairing so that when next was pressed, it would pick all the 1st's in each group, next again would be all the 2nd's, etc, all the way up until the last fixture in group 1 was adjusted Thereby truncating adjustments to any of the fixtures in later selected groups.
  • I would love to see a function where a user can touch group keys in an order and then "next/back" would step through the groups and then highlight the group button indicate it is the active selection.
    Furthermore, I would like to build in an "allow ref" feature for groups where a group could be created based on the selection order of other fixture group where performing adjustments, fans, etc would move the entire sub group as a whole. Yes, I understand this is already basically of command line fanning but damn! Command line fanning just takes too long sometimes.
    I wanna touch grp1, grp2, grp3, grp4 and then fan where each group travels the same amount sort of like group fanning.
    I also want to be able to touch grp1, grp2, grp3, grp4 and then by pressing next, be able to fan each group as a next.

With the group allow ref, on the selection toolbar have a key where allow refs is canceled and the total fixture order is grabbed.
    Examples of allow ref in groups would be if grp1 is 1-4, grp2 is 5-8, grp3 is 9-12, and grp4 is 13-16 then in normal operation would be that "next" selects the whole grp1 then whole grp2, etc.
    When allow ref was turned off during selection, next would step through 1 thru 16 like normal. Then perhaps another button that when pressed would allow for pairing so that when next was pressed, it would pick all the 1st's in each group, next again would be all the 2nd's, etc, all the way up until the last fixture in group 1 was adjusted Thereby truncating adjustments to any of the fixtures in later selected groups.
Children
No Data
Related