Additional Playback Bar Idea

I can't take credit for this idea, but I like it. In 2.0, the ability to add additonal wings without having the actual wings is wonderful, however, there is obviously the lack of a physical fader to use on these additional playback bars soooooo...
What if holding a Choose key while using the I-wheel was to control the Intensity of that Master as if it were the Master's fader?
Oh Yeah!:koolaid:
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]What parameters do you think it would make sense to have on the other axis? I can't think of a case where it would make life easier to be able to have something else on the X axis.

Me neither Tom:)

Especailly since we're talking about having the trackball take action as the I-Wheel to control faders that are not physically connected, it just seems like a bit of a waste to map it like that and not have the option to do something with it later.

The only thing I could really see the X-axis being used for at this point is resolution/sensitivity of the Y-axis, since the ball is going to have a very different feel than the I-wheel or a fader. So you could in essence slow down the "fade" if you will to sneak things in or out, or speed it up to get more of a "bump" action. However, it would definitely need to be used in tandem with "ortho" locking mode, unless you're going for some sort of wierd "ramp" action.

Also, speaking of bumps.....if we're adding a third "mode" to the trackball, and it is being used as a fader. What about having the option to assign one of the trackball buttons to act as the flash key?

Whadda think?:friday:
  • [quote=teerickson]What parameters do you think it would make sense to have on the other axis? I can't think of a case where it would make life easier to be able to have something else on the X axis.

Me neither Tom:)

Especailly since we're talking about having the trackball take action as the I-Wheel to control faders that are not physically connected, it just seems like a bit of a waste to map it like that and not have the option to do something with it later.

The only thing I could really see the X-axis being used for at this point is resolution/sensitivity of the Y-axis, since the ball is going to have a very different feel than the I-wheel or a fader. So you could in essence slow down the "fade" if you will to sneak things in or out, or speed it up to get more of a "bump" action. However, it would definitely need to be used in tandem with "ortho" locking mode, unless you're going for some sort of wierd "ramp" action.

Also, speaking of bumps.....if we're adding a third "mode" to the trackball, and it is being used as a fader. What about having the option to assign one of the trackball buttons to act as the flash key?

Whadda think?:friday:
Children
No Data
Related