Precedence with two consoles

I have two consoles on the same network right now, and I'm just curious before I experiment...
1) If the main console is on Page 2 and has an Inhibitor fader down, and the secondary console is on Page 1 with all it's faders up, what happens to the Inhibitor when the secondary console goes to Page 2?
2) If the main console is running List/22 Cue/4 on Master 6, and the secondary console(which is on a different Page) has something in its programmer that needs to merge into that cue, the syntax isn't Merge 6 Enter, right? Because the secondary console doesn't have that cuelist in its playback bar. So would the proper syntax be Merge List 22 Cue 4 Enter? Is there another way?
3) Anything tips when running two consoles? It kind of makes me nervous, knowing that one of the consoles could accidently overide the output of something.
Parents
  • Okay, I just discovered one thing.
    I had both consoles on Page 1. Master 7, which is an Inhibtor, was down on both consoles. When I took the secondary console to Page 2, the fixtures that were being Inhibited came up. I put the secondary console back to Page 1 and the Inhibitor worked again. Keep in mind, at no time did I bring fader 7 up on either console. I believe the only thing that happened after the 2nd console had gone to Page 2 was a cue was triggered on one of the other masters. Any thoughts about this?
  • Okay, I just discovered one thing.
    I had both consoles on Page 1. Master 7, which is an Inhibtor, was down on both consoles. When I took the secondary console to Page 2, the fixtures that were being Inhibited came up. I put the secondary console back to Page 1 and the Inhibitor worked again. Keep in mind, at no time did I bring fader 7 up on either console. I believe the only thing that happened after the 2nd console had gone to Page 2 was a cue was triggered on one of the other masters. Any thoughts about this?
Children
No Data
Related