Timecode oddities

I have recently run into some really strange behavior with the hog3 system and timecode.
I have a main cuelist that the show runs from and an auxiliary list that plays some FX cues using fixtures from the main cuelist. Both lists are triggered from timecode, but never at the same time. I have the FX list set to run through a sequence (lets say 12 sequential timecode 'go's in 45 seconds) and at the last cue, which is empty, has a macro to release the list so the main list regains control over the fixtures.
The problem is the FX list gets caught in a loop and never really releases. It will sometimes just keep looping the last three or four cues, and sometimes it will jump around at the top of the list with the pause LED flickering every few seconds. The fixtures affected by that list also 'tweak out' when they shouldn't be doing anything.
I have done much voodoo with different cuelist options like toggling different combinations of 'reset when released', 'trigger forwards only' and having the RL macro cue triggered either by timecode or an autofollow.
I finally had to resort to disabling timecode/releasing for that list when it reaches the end and re-enabling it later from the master cuelist when needed.
This is all a little cumbersome and non-intuitive to me. It took me a long time and several phone calls to figure out what was happening and I still don't quite get it. It seems that it is fairly easy to mess up the execution logic if one doesn't have all playback option settings just right.
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related