Encoder Wing

I think having more than the standard 4 encoder wheels on a console whould speed up programing, especially with channel-laden devices like Catalyst. This is originally why I had eariler asked about MIDI and hog3. I wanted to map out fixture parameters to a Behringer BCR2000 and have up to 32 simultaneous encoders of control. This is also great for shuttered fixtures like VL1k. Sometimes it is much more intuitive to grab a real knob that is always in the same place doing the same thing.
Parents
  • I too want midi since I have a BCF2000. But, if you are using more encoders than displayed, you don't have a way to know what is what. It changes with every fixture. They would have to add a display page with assignments and I doubt they would do that. I guess they should enable some sort of feedback of like naming and get a encoder controller with screens on them and that way you could have 30 encoders just on the same page.

At least it is a high priority for them to get midi working with hog 3.

Ryan
  • I too want midi since I have a BCF2000. But, if you are using more encoders than displayed, you don't have a way to know what is what. It changes with every fixture. They would have to add a display page with assignments and I doubt they would do that. I guess they should enable some sort of feedback of like naming and get a encoder controller with screens on them and that way you could have 30 encoders just on the same page.

At least it is a high priority for them to get midi working with hog 3.

Ryan
Children
No Data
Related