MSD and Hog 3 PC Connecting...

Hi all

I'm running MSD 4.8 and Hog 3 v 2.0.x.x.x (latest download). I've downloaded and installed the connectivity app from FPS. When I fire up the Visualizer, when it launches the Hog 3 connectivity app, I get an error that says...
www.martin.com/forum/img/icon_smile_question.gif"Unable to find correct functions in HogDLL while initializing."www.martin.com/forum/img/icon_smile_question.gif

Visualizer loads fine, etc, but if I go to the "select driver" area, it says Hog 3 PC Link is selected, but under that it says "There was an error during initialization"

I've read all required documents and done everything suggested, but no dice...

I also heard a "rumour" that this setup is not working yet?!?

Please can anyone assist me?

Thanks
Sarriss
Parents
  • There is a very good description of how to do this posted by DAve Schultz in this thread:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1715

Look @ post #52....copy below:

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.2.If you are in Classic view, click Switch to Category View under Control Panel in the left pane.3.Double-click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Next. 4.Under See Also in the left pane, click Add Hardware,and then click Next.5.Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click Next. 6.At the bottom of the list, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next. 7.Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click Next. 8.Click Network adapters, and then click Next. 9.In the Manufacturer box, click Microsoft. 10.In the Network Adapter box, click Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then click Next. 11.Click Finish. After the adapter is installed successfully, you can manually configure its options, as with any other adapter. If the TCP/IP properties are configured to use DHCP, the adapter will eventually use an autonet address (169.254.x.x/16) because the adapter is not actually connected to any physical media.

Note By default, TCP/IP properties are configured to use DHCP.
    Hope this helps you out and it should.
  • There is a very good description of how to do this posted by DAve Schultz in this thread:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1715

Look @ post #52....copy below:

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.2.If you are in Classic view, click Switch to Category View under Control Panel in the left pane.3.Double-click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Next. 4.Under See Also in the left pane, click Add Hardware,and then click Next.5.Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and then click Next. 6.At the bottom of the list, click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next. 7.Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click Next. 8.Click Network adapters, and then click Next. 9.In the Manufacturer box, click Microsoft. 10.In the Network Adapter box, click Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then click Next. 11.Click Finish. After the adapter is installed successfully, you can manually configure its options, as with any other adapter. If the TCP/IP properties are configured to use DHCP, the adapter will eventually use an autonet address (169.254.x.x/16) because the adapter is not actually connected to any physical media.

Note By default, TCP/IP properties are configured to use DHCP.
    Hope this helps you out and it should.
Children
No Data
Related