Conventionals in a Cuelist

It's Nutcracker Season... Whoo Hoo!!!

So the show this week was designed and run by the first outside LD not intimidated by our new HogIII (we bought it this past July). He's experienceing a problem I haven't seen. He starts up his show at the login screen and does a lamp check. When he goes to run through his cue list for the show, the conventionals don't come up. Our Studio Spots work just fine.

Here's what we have:

1 HogIII
1 DP2000
1 HP laptop running 3PC (not connected when we see this issue)
1 Linksys hub connecting the network
1 DMX universe with 100+ conventionals and fog machines
1 DMX universe with 2 Studio Spot CMY Zooms

So far the problem goes away when you restart the console. Today when it happened I connected the laptop to the show and got the same result when I ran through the cues.

Because the phenomena happens with both the console and the laptop, could it be the DP2000? Has the console attracted a new theater ghost? Is my console mad at me because I asked the board op for Barenaked Ladies at Radio City about his GrandMA?

Anyone have any ideas?

Much Thanks,
Kerry Brandon
Technical Director, Jim Rouse Theater for the Performing Arts at WLHS
Parents
  • Hi Brad,

Hope you had a great holiday season. I am happy to report that my theater survived the ususal onslaught of Nutcrakers. We only did three this year.

I was not able to replicate the issue we have been talking about in this thread. However, I have been experiencing other oddities with the Hog3 console related to control over lighting fixtures. Most notably, and this has happened more than once, I will not be able to control any parameters of my Studio Spots with the encoder wheels or the track ball. What happens is that a series of menus pops up on the lower left hand of the right display on the console. So, as an example, if I select the 'Beam' function, a menu pops up for every group of parameters that would ordinarily be assigned to the encoder wheels. There will be a menu for Gobo1 with all the things you can do with (i.e. rotate, spin, etc). Another menu for gobo2, another menu with iris, zoom, focus and so on. These menus will pop up for any function I select (color, position, intensity, etc).

I can control the Studio Spots if I use the command line. If I restart the console, all will become well. I suspect that there is a button somewhere that I am pressing without intending to and it is causing the phenomena explained above. As I am still learning the Hog3 (just got WYSIWYG up and running last month; it's cool but lacks details) I am just writing it off as a quirk.

Just thought it would be worth mentioning as it isn't too different from the conventional control issue I began this thread with.

Thanks,
    k
  • Hi Brad,

Hope you had a great holiday season. I am happy to report that my theater survived the ususal onslaught of Nutcrakers. We only did three this year.

I was not able to replicate the issue we have been talking about in this thread. However, I have been experiencing other oddities with the Hog3 console related to control over lighting fixtures. Most notably, and this has happened more than once, I will not be able to control any parameters of my Studio Spots with the encoder wheels or the track ball. What happens is that a series of menus pops up on the lower left hand of the right display on the console. So, as an example, if I select the 'Beam' function, a menu pops up for every group of parameters that would ordinarily be assigned to the encoder wheels. There will be a menu for Gobo1 with all the things you can do with (i.e. rotate, spin, etc). Another menu for gobo2, another menu with iris, zoom, focus and so on. These menus will pop up for any function I select (color, position, intensity, etc).

I can control the Studio Spots if I use the command line. If I restart the console, all will become well. I suspect that there is a button somewhere that I am pressing without intending to and it is causing the phenomena explained above. As I am still learning the Hog3 (just got WYSIWYG up and running last month; it's cool but lacks details) I am just writing it off as a quirk.

Just thought it would be worth mentioning as it isn't too different from the conventional control issue I began this thread with.

Thanks,
    k
Children
No Data
Related