Conventionals in a Cuelist

It's Nutcracker Season... Whoo Hoo!!!

So the show this week was designed and run by the first outside LD not intimidated by our new HogIII (we bought it this past July). He's experienceing a problem I haven't seen. He starts up his show at the login screen and does a lamp check. When he goes to run through his cue list for the show, the conventionals don't come up. Our Studio Spots work just fine.

Here's what we have:

1 HogIII
1 DP2000
1 HP laptop running 3PC (not connected when we see this issue)
1 Linksys hub connecting the network
1 DMX universe with 100+ conventionals and fog machines
1 DMX universe with 2 Studio Spot CMY Zooms

So far the problem goes away when you restart the console. Today when it happened I connected the laptop to the show and got the same result when I ran through the cues.

Because the phenomena happens with both the console and the laptop, could it be the DP2000? Has the console attracted a new theater ghost? Is my console mad at me because I asked the board op for Barenaked Ladies at Radio City about his GrandMA?

Anyone have any ideas?

Much Thanks,
Kerry Brandon
Technical Director, Jim Rouse Theater for the Performing Arts at WLHS
Parents
  • Hi Jon,

I do not recall any instance of this issue being related to a running cue list. At the time of this occurance, the console was not actually controlling any lighting fixtures (meaning that if you looked at the output window, everything was at 0%). I had walked away from the console and hours later came back. I have been able to replicate a similar phenomenon you're describing with Scenes. I can delete a scene from a Master while it's at 100% and the output window will show that the Scene still has control over the fixtures in that scene even after releasing it using Release + Scene X or Pig + Release. However, if you go back to the original post in this thread, this issue is very similar to the one originally described. The only real difference is that the issue is showing up in a different DMX universe. So far the solution to the problem my guest LD described and the one I'm seeing was solved the same way; restart the console. I haven't been able to fix it any other way. You may be on to something though. Please, if you could, describe the issue you asked about.

In an earlier post, Kris noted that if the Guard button was selected, I might see this issue. I went back to double check that, but on all of my directories, I have Guard deselected. He also noted that it's possible to remove parameters from the encoder tool bar. I have edited the order in which some parameters are displayed for parameter groups that have multiple pages. I believe to get the issue I have seen, I would need to delete every parameter from every encoder.

Tom mentioned that I should not be able to select a fixture with multiple attributes without those functions under control of the encoders. As he suggested, I looked at the programmer window. For whatever parameter I selected, the appropriate cell in would be hi-lighted in blue as if I were controlling it, but alas, the encoders would not modify the parameter.

I should also add a disclaimer here; I'm still relatively new to the board. Have only had it since last July.

Kerry
  • Hi Jon,

I do not recall any instance of this issue being related to a running cue list. At the time of this occurance, the console was not actually controlling any lighting fixtures (meaning that if you looked at the output window, everything was at 0%). I had walked away from the console and hours later came back. I have been able to replicate a similar phenomenon you're describing with Scenes. I can delete a scene from a Master while it's at 100% and the output window will show that the Scene still has control over the fixtures in that scene even after releasing it using Release + Scene X or Pig + Release. However, if you go back to the original post in this thread, this issue is very similar to the one originally described. The only real difference is that the issue is showing up in a different DMX universe. So far the solution to the problem my guest LD described and the one I'm seeing was solved the same way; restart the console. I haven't been able to fix it any other way. You may be on to something though. Please, if you could, describe the issue you asked about.

In an earlier post, Kris noted that if the Guard button was selected, I might see this issue. I went back to double check that, but on all of my directories, I have Guard deselected. He also noted that it's possible to remove parameters from the encoder tool bar. I have edited the order in which some parameters are displayed for parameter groups that have multiple pages. I believe to get the issue I have seen, I would need to delete every parameter from every encoder.

Tom mentioned that I should not be able to select a fixture with multiple attributes without those functions under control of the encoders. As he suggested, I looked at the programmer window. For whatever parameter I selected, the appropriate cell in would be hi-lighted in blue as if I were controlling it, but alas, the encoders would not modify the parameter.

I should also add a disclaimer here; I'm still relatively new to the board. Have only had it since last July.

Kerry
Children
No Data
Related