Effect chase

Ok, i read the manual and i got alot of information out of it,
Now, there is an effect i cant seem to get the grasp of.

I want to do a light chase, 1 to 6 on the back bar.
and then alternating, IE: 2 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 5 to 1
or 2 and 6 and 4 and 3 and 5 and 1

thanks,
Parents
  • Todd,

Rather than having help that shows offsets for different fixture counts, I've been thinking of a few ways to improve the GUI for this so that user's don't have to do the math if they don't want to.

So far, I think the best option would be:

When you have multiple fixtures selected and you select the offset cell in the effects engine spreadsheet and then press set, you would see a pop-up toolbar (like the cuelist wait column toolbar) that would give you three options: Degrees, Percent, and Spread.

Degrees would be the option for our current behaviour, just as it is. All fixtures are assigned an offset of X degrees, and offsets can be fanned with an entry such as X>Y.

Spread would equally fan offsets over 360 degrees based on the current selection order.

Percent would allow you to spread over a portion of the effects cycle. 100% would be the same as spread.

For example, if you have 6 fixtures selected, an offset of 100% would give you fixture offsets of 0, 60, 120, 180, 240, and 300. An offset of 50% would give you fixture offsets of 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, and 150.

The spread and percent options would most likely just be used for calculating individual offsets in degrees which would be stored in cues, scenes, and palettes. I feel that this would make it much easier to edit the effects after the fact.

How does that sound?
  • Todd,

Rather than having help that shows offsets for different fixture counts, I've been thinking of a few ways to improve the GUI for this so that user's don't have to do the math if they don't want to.

So far, I think the best option would be:

When you have multiple fixtures selected and you select the offset cell in the effects engine spreadsheet and then press set, you would see a pop-up toolbar (like the cuelist wait column toolbar) that would give you three options: Degrees, Percent, and Spread.

Degrees would be the option for our current behaviour, just as it is. All fixtures are assigned an offset of X degrees, and offsets can be fanned with an entry such as X>Y.

Spread would equally fan offsets over 360 degrees based on the current selection order.

Percent would allow you to spread over a portion of the effects cycle. 100% would be the same as spread.

For example, if you have 6 fixtures selected, an offset of 100% would give you fixture offsets of 0, 60, 120, 180, 240, and 300. An offset of 50% would give you fixture offsets of 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, and 150.

The spread and percent options would most likely just be used for calculating individual offsets in degrees which would be stored in cues, scenes, and palettes. I feel that this would make it much easier to edit the effects after the fact.

How does that sound?
Children
No Data
Related