Effect chase

Ok, i read the manual and i got alot of information out of it,
Now, there is an effect i cant seem to get the grasp of.

I want to do a light chase, 1 to 6 on the back bar.
and then alternating, IE: 2 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 5 to 1
or 2 and 6 and 4 and 3 and 5 and 1

thanks,
Parents
  • Hello,

perhaps a small windows which displays disc representing the 360° with small dots representing all the selected fixtures, which will then represent the degrees on this disc (a bit like the color wheel when you have multiple fixtures selected)
    Or not having a disc displaying it, but drawing the function as a continuous line (not a line, but the path it would walk having a 2D square, where Tilt=0, Pan=0 is in the center, -180 left or top, +180 bottom right. Then on this line these small dots could walk around.

This idea is not new, it is done like that in the Martin LightJockey Software. There we also expanded the system to draw bezier lines which are then translated into -180 to 180 degrees, 2 dimensions.

If You like this idea I can check, I have quite a lot of ideas still in mind from this project, so I may give some ideas how we solved this.

Is best for pan/tilt, could be drawn also on a Hue/Saturation Chart.
    Added some screenshots.

Tom
  • Hello,

perhaps a small windows which displays disc representing the 360° with small dots representing all the selected fixtures, which will then represent the degrees on this disc (a bit like the color wheel when you have multiple fixtures selected)
    Or not having a disc displaying it, but drawing the function as a continuous line (not a line, but the path it would walk having a 2D square, where Tilt=0, Pan=0 is in the center, -180 left or top, +180 bottom right. Then on this line these small dots could walk around.

This idea is not new, it is done like that in the Martin LightJockey Software. There we also expanded the system to draw bezier lines which are then translated into -180 to 180 degrees, 2 dimensions.

If You like this idea I can check, I have quite a lot of ideas still in mind from this project, so I may give some ideas how we solved this.

Is best for pan/tilt, could be drawn also on a Hue/Saturation Chart.
    Added some screenshots.

Tom
Children
No Data
Related