Effect chase

Ok, i read the manual and i got alot of information out of it,
Now, there is an effect i cant seem to get the grasp of.

I want to do a light chase, 1 to 6 on the back bar.
and then alternating, IE: 2 to 6 to 4 to 2 to 5 to 1
or 2 and 6 and 4 and 3 and 5 and 1

thanks,
Parents
  • Greetings. This is actually fairly simple. The console will reference the order in which your fixtures are selected. Therefore, instead of selecting your Colour Blaze GROUP and then your Coemar GROUP, simply select your fixtures in the order I. Which you would like them to chase. For instance, if your Colour Blaze fixtures were channel number 1-4 and your Coemar fixtures were 11-16 then select the following:

11, 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 15, 16

At that point any offset timing will apply to the fixtures in that order. You use the effects engine with offset "fanned" timing or a couple of cues that are following each other with delays. I often prefer the latter idea as I find I have much more detailed control over the chase.

If this is something you find you will do a lot (and you will), save this selection order as a group. The console will recall that selection order everytime you select it. Keep in mind, if you edit a cue, you will have to reselect that group to maintain the correct selection order. Otherwise the console will not apply your timing updates in the correct order.

I use this kind of thing all the time.
  • Greetings. This is actually fairly simple. The console will reference the order in which your fixtures are selected. Therefore, instead of selecting your Colour Blaze GROUP and then your Coemar GROUP, simply select your fixtures in the order I. Which you would like them to chase. For instance, if your Colour Blaze fixtures were channel number 1-4 and your Coemar fixtures were 11-16 then select the following:

11, 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 15, 16

At that point any offset timing will apply to the fixtures in that order. You use the effects engine with offset "fanned" timing or a couple of cues that are following each other with delays. I often prefer the latter idea as I find I have much more detailed control over the chase.

If this is something you find you will do a lot (and you will), save this selection order as a group. The console will recall that selection order everytime you select it. Keep in mind, if you edit a cue, you will have to reselect that group to maintain the correct selection order. Otherwise the console will not apply your timing updates in the correct order.

I use this kind of thing all the time.
Children
No Data
Related