External keyboard Backspace is slow.

Maybe not a bug, but something that has annoyed me a long time. so i thought i should mention it, of cource it's not a big deal, but.

When typing with an external keyboard(onscreen is ok), the backspace is very slow compared to other keys.. It's like this on both console and H3pc(haven't tried on the Ipc)
Parents
  • Anders,

The backspace key is slower to respond than other keys because it is a key that can be double-tapped (to clear the command line). When you are repeatedly pressing the backspace key quickly, the console is checking the presses against the double-press timing preference and processing both the single and double presses.

If you go to the Key Timings tab of the Preferences window and set the Key Double Press value to 0, you should see your backspace key perform just like all other keys.

I hope this helps.
  • Anders,

The backspace key is slower to respond than other keys because it is a key that can be double-tapped (to clear the command line). When you are repeatedly pressing the backspace key quickly, the console is checking the presses against the double-press timing preference and processing both the single and double presses.

If you go to the Key Timings tab of the Preferences window and set the Key Double Press value to 0, you should see your backspace key perform just like all other keys.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related