Connecting hog 3 and Dp 2000 on network

I have a small problem using my hog 3 on my network.

When i program a show using WYSIWYG, i used to be able to connect all the stuff using the switch on my existing network. (Optain address using DHCP) The router would automaticly connect my hog, dp, vision2000.

Now that does not work anymore..? :aargh4:
It stop`t working after 1201 i think..

I am using:

1 x WYSIWYG Computer
1 x DP 2000
1 x Vision 2000
1 x Hog 3 Console (1206)

Any ideas..??
Parents
  • First thing! If you can avoid it, DO NOT SHARE A NETWORK!
    The more devices you have on a network, the more possibility there will be for error. If you can' ask your network admin if he can create a VLan for all the nodes you have in your hog network. If he'sa good IT guy he will know what I am talking about. If he cannot create a Vlan for you then put two NICs in your Wyg and Vision computers so that one NIC is on the hog network and the other NIC is on the shared network. This way you can still get internet, email, etc on your computers. Just make sure no nodes for your Hog gear are on another network.
    I say this for two reasons. 1st reason is that the Hog gear creates network traffic for the rest of the network but the most important reason is that a Hog network is much more mission critical during a show and if some guy in the office down the hall does a web or multi cast by accident during a show then it could hose your show.
    If you can separate the Hog gear then run the gear with the Hog as the DHCP server. very simple.
    If you continue to share the network, the next alternative is to assign a static IP to all of your Hog gear that is on a different Subnet than the rest of the network. Talk to your IT guy about this. It should only be done if your Hog gear is all connected to a true Layer 2 network infastructure but at least everything would connect. In this scenerio, you would have your IT guy assign two IPs to the NICs in the computers. One for the Hog net and the second for seeing the other network.
    Once again, talk to your IT guy. If not, then the only thing you want to do is disconnect everything from a shared network so that the only devices you have are the Hog the Wig puter the Vis puter the DPs and Hog IOs and the Switch.

If you have more questions then ask. This is a bit complex and might leave you a bit confused if it's new or unfamiliar
  • First thing! If you can avoid it, DO NOT SHARE A NETWORK!
    The more devices you have on a network, the more possibility there will be for error. If you can' ask your network admin if he can create a VLan for all the nodes you have in your hog network. If he'sa good IT guy he will know what I am talking about. If he cannot create a Vlan for you then put two NICs in your Wyg and Vision computers so that one NIC is on the hog network and the other NIC is on the shared network. This way you can still get internet, email, etc on your computers. Just make sure no nodes for your Hog gear are on another network.
    I say this for two reasons. 1st reason is that the Hog gear creates network traffic for the rest of the network but the most important reason is that a Hog network is much more mission critical during a show and if some guy in the office down the hall does a web or multi cast by accident during a show then it could hose your show.
    If you can separate the Hog gear then run the gear with the Hog as the DHCP server. very simple.
    If you continue to share the network, the next alternative is to assign a static IP to all of your Hog gear that is on a different Subnet than the rest of the network. Talk to your IT guy about this. It should only be done if your Hog gear is all connected to a true Layer 2 network infastructure but at least everything would connect. In this scenerio, you would have your IT guy assign two IPs to the NICs in the computers. One for the Hog net and the second for seeing the other network.
    Once again, talk to your IT guy. If not, then the only thing you want to do is disconnect everything from a shared network so that the only devices you have are the Hog the Wig puter the Vis puter the DPs and Hog IOs and the Switch.

If you have more questions then ask. This is a bit complex and might leave you a bit confused if it's new or unfamiliar
Children
No Data
Related