Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC

Hi all,

We are a small company and are looking for a new console. :headbang:

At the moment we are operating on a Strand 520.:mad:

Our company has at the moment 8 High End Studio Spots and 12 Mac 700 colour washes and about 6 x 24 Channel Dimmer packs with conventional lights. And we are still expanding. :09:

We had a few months ago a demo on a compulite Vector Orange. :o

And now we have been offered to try a Hog IPC. :hogsign:

Now the big question. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Which choice to make. Why should we choose the Hog IPC. :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

Any up for the challenge to give us the pro’s and con’s ? :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC :poke:

Patrick :cool:
Parents
  • I work as an operator/programmer in a 850 seat theatre and we have a Compulite Red and Green consoles.
    If I could decide, I would change to Hog immediately. I cannot think any feature, which would make Compulite better...
    I guess the pro's and con's are on the hardware side, but Hog software is unbeatable...hmmm I'm starting to sound like a fanboy :) Vectors are a bit like mixture of Compulite, GMA and Hog2, but the user interface and ease of use is pretty awful.

Main difference for me in Hog3 software has always been the abstraction layer. It is a wonderful thing with real world values and dividing the fixture channels to easily used buttons, like it does with gobo index and rotate mode.

When I look the Hog consoles they are saying "Hey, let's do lights, it'll be fun" and Compus are the opposite...
  • I work as an operator/programmer in a 850 seat theatre and we have a Compulite Red and Green consoles.
    If I could decide, I would change to Hog immediately. I cannot think any feature, which would make Compulite better...
    I guess the pro's and con's are on the hardware side, but Hog software is unbeatable...hmmm I'm starting to sound like a fanboy :) Vectors are a bit like mixture of Compulite, GMA and Hog2, but the user interface and ease of use is pretty awful.

Main difference for me in Hog3 software has always been the abstraction layer. It is a wonderful thing with real world values and dividing the fixture channels to easily used buttons, like it does with gobo index and rotate mode.

When I look the Hog consoles they are saying "Hey, let's do lights, it'll be fun" and Compus are the opposite...
Children
No Data
Related