Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC

Hi all,

We are a small company and are looking for a new console. :headbang:

At the moment we are operating on a Strand 520.:mad:

Our company has at the moment 8 High End Studio Spots and 12 Mac 700 colour washes and about 6 x 24 Channel Dimmer packs with conventional lights. And we are still expanding. :09:

We had a few months ago a demo on a compulite Vector Orange. :o

And now we have been offered to try a Hog IPC. :hogsign:

Now the big question. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Which choice to make. Why should we choose the Hog IPC. :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

Any up for the challenge to give us the pro’s and con’s ? :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC :poke:

Patrick :cool:
Parents
  • Coming from someone who's used everything:
    Animators, Sparks, Sabres, and played with Vectors
    Grand MA
    Case and Maxxyz
    Vista
    Perl, Sapphire, and Diamond 1, 2, and 3
    I can tell you specific reasons I use each type on different shows.
    Ultimately though one thing sells me on the Hog. That is the command line. Yes I wish the Hog did quite a few of the features that the Maxxyz and Grand MA did but for some reason, I still turn out a show faster on a Hog. ...and I'm the guy who rejected hog 2 for so many years.

I can even show reasons why Hog3 PC and a single touch screen is more cost effective and more effective overall than any other sw based lighting controller.

I would assume pick a Hog 3 over an iPC but that's because I would die if I didn't have the intensity wheel or the rate wheel. Pound for pound, on a one or two universe show, you'll see nothing different at all. On a bigger show, a DP on an iPC is like a DP on a Hog3
  • Coming from someone who's used everything:
    Animators, Sparks, Sabres, and played with Vectors
    Grand MA
    Case and Maxxyz
    Vista
    Perl, Sapphire, and Diamond 1, 2, and 3
    I can tell you specific reasons I use each type on different shows.
    Ultimately though one thing sells me on the Hog. That is the command line. Yes I wish the Hog did quite a few of the features that the Maxxyz and Grand MA did but for some reason, I still turn out a show faster on a Hog. ...and I'm the guy who rejected hog 2 for so many years.

I can even show reasons why Hog3 PC and a single touch screen is more cost effective and more effective overall than any other sw based lighting controller.

I would assume pick a Hog 3 over an iPC but that's because I would die if I didn't have the intensity wheel or the rate wheel. Pound for pound, on a one or two universe show, you'll see nothing different at all. On a bigger show, a DP on an iPC is like a DP on a Hog3
Children
No Data
Related