Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC

Hi all,

We are a small company and are looking for a new console. :headbang:

At the moment we are operating on a Strand 520.:mad:

Our company has at the moment 8 High End Studio Spots and 12 Mac 700 colour washes and about 6 x 24 Channel Dimmer packs with conventional lights. And we are still expanding. :09:

We had a few months ago a demo on a compulite Vector Orange. :o

And now we have been offered to try a Hog IPC. :hogsign:

Now the big question. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Which choice to make. Why should we choose the Hog IPC. :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

Any up for the challenge to give us the pro’s and con’s ? :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Vector Orange v.s. Hog IPC :poke:

Patrick :cool:
Parents
  • Hi Patrick,

I work for a corporate AV company in Toronto and we have owned two Compulite Vector Blue consoles for over a year now.

I looked at the Hog IPC when we were console shopping but I have not used one on a show yet. The one feature that the IPC lacked at the time was that it could not support a wireless remote control. This is an important feature for me as I find myself focusing moving lights on myself standing on stage or conventional fixtures form a lift without the extra person available to run the desk for me.

Some features that I like on the Vector are:
    - Vector supports the ability to download thumbnails via Ethernet from the Catalyst to the console.
    - Different modes for the playback faders, including rate for each playback and direct control of channel intensities.
    - Networking a laptop computer or another console as a tracking backup.
    - Having 5 Encoder wheels and a trackball.
    - Undo/Redo, Cut/Copy and Paste buttons.
    - Expanding the DMX outs using Ethernet based E-Port (Compulite) or ArtNet nodes.
    - 10 playback faders plus 10 Q-Keys (playbacks without faders)
    - A B cossfader and a large GO button.
    - Ethernet based Playback Wings with 10 playbacks and 10 Q-keys.
    - Windows PDA based remote control.

I believe that you can use an external touch screen monitor. But having two on the Blue Vector I use just regular VGA LCD screens.

I am assuming that your company is in the US because finding programmers who are familiar with the Hog platform will be much easier than the Vector. But I find that most Hog programmers adapt to the Vector quickly.

You can download a video tutorial from the Compulite web site.

I would try both consoles on shows before making your final decision and good luck!

Paul
  • Hi Patrick,

I work for a corporate AV company in Toronto and we have owned two Compulite Vector Blue consoles for over a year now.

I looked at the Hog IPC when we were console shopping but I have not used one on a show yet. The one feature that the IPC lacked at the time was that it could not support a wireless remote control. This is an important feature for me as I find myself focusing moving lights on myself standing on stage or conventional fixtures form a lift without the extra person available to run the desk for me.

Some features that I like on the Vector are:
    - Vector supports the ability to download thumbnails via Ethernet from the Catalyst to the console.
    - Different modes for the playback faders, including rate for each playback and direct control of channel intensities.
    - Networking a laptop computer or another console as a tracking backup.
    - Having 5 Encoder wheels and a trackball.
    - Undo/Redo, Cut/Copy and Paste buttons.
    - Expanding the DMX outs using Ethernet based E-Port (Compulite) or ArtNet nodes.
    - 10 playback faders plus 10 Q-Keys (playbacks without faders)
    - A B cossfader and a large GO button.
    - Ethernet based Playback Wings with 10 playbacks and 10 Q-keys.
    - Windows PDA based remote control.

I believe that you can use an external touch screen monitor. But having two on the Blue Vector I use just regular VGA LCD screens.

I am assuming that your company is in the US because finding programmers who are familiar with the Hog platform will be much easier than the Vector. But I find that most Hog programmers adapt to the Vector quickly.

You can download a video tutorial from the Compulite web site.

I would try both consoles on shows before making your final decision and good luck!

Paul
Children
No Data
Related