Wholehog 3 doesn´t respond to MSC

Hi,
I am having trouble when I send MSC to the Wholehog 3 console. I did every setup steps as recalled from the manual to enable the console to receive MSC, but while I send the MSC data it simply does nothing.
I am confident that my MSC device transmitter is working ok, and that the MSC data is the correct for the console. I also downloaded the Status Cue software ( I do not know of any other software simpler than this to view MSC in the PC via the MIDI In port), and it seems to receive every MSC command properly.
Are any MIDI event monitor in the Wholehog 3 console?
I suspect that I am only bypassing a simple configuration step to work properly with MSC in the console, but other that the Network panel settings I do not what could be.
Thank you very much for any help.
Parents
  • JC,

As Brad mentioned, there are settings both at the console level (in the network window) and at the cuelist level (in the cuelist options window) that control how the console responds to MIDI show control. You will need to make sure that both are set properly before you will be able to trigger lists.

Lee is also correct that the event monitor on the Wholehog 3 will allow you to view MIDI events on the console. I'm not entirely sure how Todd is using Terra Term to view MIDI data, because as far as I'm aware it's just a terminal emulation program. If you're looking for a decent software application for working with MIDI, I would recommend MIDI-Ox (www.midiox.com). It's very full-featured and is free for personal use.

What device are you sending the MSC commands with? Different controllers have been known to use different (or even incorrect) command formats and this can cause some devices to not respond properly to others. If you can post some examples of the strings you're seeing in Status Cue, we can take a look and make sure that the Wholehog 3 will understand them.

Thanks.
  • JC,

As Brad mentioned, there are settings both at the console level (in the network window) and at the cuelist level (in the cuelist options window) that control how the console responds to MIDI show control. You will need to make sure that both are set properly before you will be able to trigger lists.

Lee is also correct that the event monitor on the Wholehog 3 will allow you to view MIDI events on the console. I'm not entirely sure how Todd is using Terra Term to view MIDI data, because as far as I'm aware it's just a terminal emulation program. If you're looking for a decent software application for working with MIDI, I would recommend MIDI-Ox (www.midiox.com). It's very full-featured and is free for personal use.

What device are you sending the MSC commands with? Different controllers have been known to use different (or even incorrect) command formats and this can cause some devices to not respond properly to others. If you can post some examples of the strings you're seeing in Status Cue, we can take a look and make sure that the Wholehog 3 will understand them.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related