Wholehog 3 doesn´t respond to MSC

Hi,
I am having trouble when I send MSC to the Wholehog 3 console. I did every setup steps as recalled from the manual to enable the console to receive MSC, but while I send the MSC data it simply does nothing.
I am confident that my MSC device transmitter is working ok, and that the MSC data is the correct for the console. I also downloaded the Status Cue software ( I do not know of any other software simpler than this to view MSC in the PC via the MIDI In port), and it seems to receive every MSC command properly.
Are any MIDI event monitor in the Wholehog 3 console?
I suspect that I am only bypassing a simple configuration step to work properly with MSC in the console, but other that the Network panel settings I do not what could be.
Thank you very much for any help.
Parents
  • JC,

The basic structure of MIDI Show Control messages is:

F0 7F device_id 02 command_format command [data] F7

The device_id is one byte and is set to the ID of the controller that should receive and process the message.

The command_format is one byte with a decimal value of 0 through 127. We (the lighting industry) most commonly use value 01, which is General Lighting.

The command is one byte with a decimal value of 0 through 127.

Some commands require an amount of data to follow the command.

F7 completes the command.

Different manufacturers often have slightly different implementations. Many MSC commands have some data that is optional and I've seen a number of cases where data padding is different. I've even run into a case where the cuelist IDs being sent weren't the cuelist ID numbers, but the playback master numbers. Many of these variations still fall within the proper spec for MSC, but consoles receiving the commands may be picky about what they see and not respond to commands that aren't formatted the way they expect.

Here are some starting points for the commands you're looking for:

Pause (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 02 00 31 00 F7

Resume (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 03 00 31 00 F7

Release (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 0B 00 31 00 F7

I hope this helps.
  • JC,

The basic structure of MIDI Show Control messages is:

F0 7F device_id 02 command_format command [data] F7

The device_id is one byte and is set to the ID of the controller that should receive and process the message.

The command_format is one byte with a decimal value of 0 through 127. We (the lighting industry) most commonly use value 01, which is General Lighting.

The command is one byte with a decimal value of 0 through 127.

Some commands require an amount of data to follow the command.

F7 completes the command.

Different manufacturers often have slightly different implementations. Many MSC commands have some data that is optional and I've seen a number of cases where data padding is different. I've even run into a case where the cuelist IDs being sent weren't the cuelist ID numbers, but the playback master numbers. Many of these variations still fall within the proper spec for MSC, but consoles receiving the commands may be picky about what they see and not respond to commands that aren't formatted the way they expect.

Here are some starting points for the commands you're looking for:

Pause (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 02 00 31 00 F7

Resume (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 03 00 31 00 F7

Release (List 1)
    F0 7F 01 02 01 0B 00 31 00 F7

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related