Min PC configuration

Does anyone have a list for the minimum processes that should be running on a PC while the Hog3pc software is running?
Parents
  • Dennis,

There are some of services that are installed and running by default within windows that you may want to consider disabling, but this type of customized configuration will involve sacrificing some windows functionality to try to gain extra performance.

My basic reccomendations:

Turn off power management. You don't want your PC going to sleep while running a show.

Disable the Automatic Updates service. Make a point of keeping your PC and software up to date, but you don't want a service doing this for you while you're running a show.

Disable the Indexing Service. This service scans the content on your hard drive and creates indexes so that searches are faster. This can be an involved process, and not something you want happening during a show.

Turn off any web publishing services that you aren't using. I wouldn't run the World Wide Web Publishing, Simple Mail Transport Protocol, FTP Publishing, or IIS Admin services on a show computer.

I hope this helps.
  • Dennis,

There are some of services that are installed and running by default within windows that you may want to consider disabling, but this type of customized configuration will involve sacrificing some windows functionality to try to gain extra performance.

My basic reccomendations:

Turn off power management. You don't want your PC going to sleep while running a show.

Disable the Automatic Updates service. Make a point of keeping your PC and software up to date, but you don't want a service doing this for you while you're running a show.

Disable the Indexing Service. This service scans the content on your hard drive and creates indexes so that searches are faster. This can be an involved process, and not something you want happening during a show.

Turn off any web publishing services that you aren't using. I wouldn't run the World Wide Web Publishing, Simple Mail Transport Protocol, FTP Publishing, or IIS Admin services on a show computer.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related