Fanning Groups

We just finished programming an event where we really would have liked to be able to use FAN across groups as well as across individual fixtures. In other words, sometimes we wanted a group of fixtures to act like it was just one unit and that FAN would fan across the multiple selected groups and not act like each fixture was an individual.

Anyone else think this might be usefull or have a programming solution for me?

Thanks

-Rob
Parents
  • Thanks for your responses.

I guess I wasn't specific enough. When I wrote about groups I wasn't talking about odd and even or similar groupings, I was referring to specific groups saved in the groups palettes. I think STEPHLIGHT’s post on Nov. 24, 2006 does a better job of describing my request than I did.

A simplified example of what we were trying to do is grab Mac 2K 1 – 10 and I-Tiles Group 1 (comprised of I-Tiles 805 + 806 + 810 + 811) and Group 4 (similar to previous group) and Mac 2K 11-20 and fan the hue. What we get is a fan across all fixtures in the order selected. What we would have liked was for the fan to work across all fixtures but for each group to act like it was one fixture (or block) instead of four individual fixtures.

I hope this example makes it a little clearer. I’ll have to play with buddying to see if this could have given us the results we wanted but I don’t think so given the actual complexity of our groupings.

-Rob
  • Thanks for your responses.

I guess I wasn't specific enough. When I wrote about groups I wasn't talking about odd and even or similar groupings, I was referring to specific groups saved in the groups palettes. I think STEPHLIGHT’s post on Nov. 24, 2006 does a better job of describing my request than I did.

A simplified example of what we were trying to do is grab Mac 2K 1 – 10 and I-Tiles Group 1 (comprised of I-Tiles 805 + 806 + 810 + 811) and Group 4 (similar to previous group) and Mac 2K 11-20 and fan the hue. What we get is a fan across all fixtures in the order selected. What we would have liked was for the fan to work across all fixtures but for each group to act like it was one fixture (or block) instead of four individual fixtures.

I hope this example makes it a little clearer. I’ll have to play with buddying to see if this could have given us the results we wanted but I don’t think so given the actual complexity of our groupings.

-Rob
Children
No Data
Related