Presetting Intelligent Lights

Is there a way to create a look with intelligent lighting and then set up that look in the previous cue (with those fixtures at 0%) without having to "Touch" those fixtures, go back to the previous cue, take them to 0%, and then update that cue?

I don't want the look to carry throughout all the previous cues, but just in the previous one. I have faith that one of you Hog III geniouses have a slick trick to figure this one out!

Matt Strong
Technical Associate
Rocky Mountain Christian Church
Parents
  • Sure. There's more than one way to do this. Assuming you are tracking.

Just re-record the previous cue and MERGE or OPEN the cue and make you edits. Then in the next cue, or the cue you want them on in, bring up the intensity. Voila.

Say you have a stage wash in Cue 1, LIST4 and you want to set up a couple spots on the podium but dont want the lights on in Cue 1, but you didn't record the "set-up" in the original CUE 1.
    Select the fixtures you want to use. Select the position, color , gobo, etc. Set Intensity at 0 (if you want then to fade on in a future cue)...Then RECORD CUE 1 and MERGE. If the master you are recording to isn't active then you'll need to specify the LIST also.

OR

OPEN CUE 1 and do the same thing. [update]

Remember that if you are using the fixtures in another cue that you will have to deal with that too. If that's the case ya might consider playing with timings.

If you give a specific example you'll get a better answer.
    You are right, there are folks on this forum that are geniuses...I'm not one of them.

Hope that helped more than confuse.......
  • Sure. There's more than one way to do this. Assuming you are tracking.

Just re-record the previous cue and MERGE or OPEN the cue and make you edits. Then in the next cue, or the cue you want them on in, bring up the intensity. Voila.

Say you have a stage wash in Cue 1, LIST4 and you want to set up a couple spots on the podium but dont want the lights on in Cue 1, but you didn't record the "set-up" in the original CUE 1.
    Select the fixtures you want to use. Select the position, color , gobo, etc. Set Intensity at 0 (if you want then to fade on in a future cue)...Then RECORD CUE 1 and MERGE. If the master you are recording to isn't active then you'll need to specify the LIST also.

OR

OPEN CUE 1 and do the same thing. [update]

Remember that if you are using the fixtures in another cue that you will have to deal with that too. If that's the case ya might consider playing with timings.

If you give a specific example you'll get a better answer.
    You are right, there are folks on this forum that are geniuses...I'm not one of them.

Hope that helped more than confuse.......
Children
No Data
Related