American DJ DJ Spot 250 + Whole Hog?

Does Whole Hog support this fixture? I'm VERY new to intelligent lighting. Please help.

Thanks,
Dave
Parents
  • Dave,

It looks like the DJ Spot 250 is a new fixture and the protocol is different (simpler, actually) than the protocol for the Accu Spot 250.

I've opened enhancement #110395 to request that we get this library added.

It should be fairly simple to build it yourself if you need it immediately. It looks like the protocol is very similar to the first four channels of the Accu Spot protocol (pan / tilt / colour / gobo). The fixture builder allows you to build and modify a copy of an existing fixture, so that is probably the best place to start. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or problems.

With regards to your question about syncing playback to audio, you have a few options. If your audio playback can send out timecode, you can use the learn timing feature of the console to assign timecode values to your individual cues. The cues will then play back automatically when the console receives the appropriate timecode value. Another option would be to just use wait times (which can also be written using learn timing). Wait times just assign timed countdowns to each cue, so you would press the first go and the cuelist would run on its own, but it isn't actually aware of or synchronized to the audio. If audio playback stops, the desk will continue to run cues until you tell it to stop.

I hope this helps.
  • Dave,

It looks like the DJ Spot 250 is a new fixture and the protocol is different (simpler, actually) than the protocol for the Accu Spot 250.

I've opened enhancement #110395 to request that we get this library added.

It should be fairly simple to build it yourself if you need it immediately. It looks like the protocol is very similar to the first four channels of the Accu Spot protocol (pan / tilt / colour / gobo). The fixture builder allows you to build and modify a copy of an existing fixture, so that is probably the best place to start. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or problems.

With regards to your question about syncing playback to audio, you have a few options. If your audio playback can send out timecode, you can use the learn timing feature of the console to assign timecode values to your individual cues. The cues will then play back automatically when the console receives the appropriate timecode value. Another option would be to just use wait times (which can also be written using learn timing). Wait times just assign timed countdowns to each cue, so you would press the first go and the cuelist would run on its own, but it isn't actually aware of or synchronized to the audio. If audio playback stops, the desk will continue to run cues until you tell it to stop.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related