Loss of dmx

I'm currently running a show using the Hog3pc system (1 PC, 1 widget, 1 playbackwing and 1 progwing).

During the last show I ran into a very confusing problem. Suddenly all conventionel lights drops to zero (for about ½sec). Having no clue why? After a few minutes this happens again, although this time I spoted the widget during the blackout, and I saw that the two diods active and dmx OK were out but they came back as the lights went up again (I truly suspect a connection between the diods and the blackout:p )

Hence the link doid all the time indicated connection between the widget and my comuter (the widget is directly plugged in my computer) I'm clueless whats the fuzz is about! :1zhelp:

/ Andreas
Parents
  • Well, if the movers didn't change positions then we know that we didn't clear the DMX buffer and send out all 0s, which is a good thing. It's possible that either we briefly stopped sending briefly or that the refresh rate changed enough that the dimmers got upset. It's going to be tough to know without actually taking a look at things with a DMX analyzer. I'll see if I can reproduce this in our test lab. If you'd like to send me your show file I can see if there's anything odd there that may have contributed to the problem.

Thanks.
  • Well, if the movers didn't change positions then we know that we didn't clear the DMX buffer and send out all 0s, which is a good thing. It's possible that either we briefly stopped sending briefly or that the refresh rate changed enough that the dimmers got upset. It's going to be tough to know without actually taking a look at things with a DMX analyzer. I'll see if I can reproduce this in our test lab. If you'd like to send me your show file I can see if there's anything odd there that may have contributed to the problem.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related