(build 1216)Bug Report: System failure after cloning universe

Name: John Crimins
Date:2-21-07
Software Version and build number:v2.02 (b 1216)
Number of displays:2 external
Connected USB Devices: None
Networked Devices:2 DP2000 networked through d-link switch

Problem:
After programming a simple single universe show, I cloned that universe from DMX 1 on my primary DP2000 to DMX 1 on my backup DP2000: the goal being having a simple backup in case my primary DP2000 fails.
Immediately after finishing the cloning, any cuelists that are currently running begin to jump around as if they're random chases. The lists can't be released, asserted or paused and any action I take has no effect on their rogue behavior other than restarting the console.
On Friday, Mike Hanson loaded a show into my console for a DL2 demo and the same problem arose when he tried to repeat what I had done with cloning from one DP2000 to the other.

Troubleshooting attempted:
Replaced the ethernet switch and ethernet cables.
Tried cloning from the secondary DP2000 to the primary.
Restarted desktop, editor, and playback processes.
Scratched my head and said "hmmm" alot.

I would like to attach a show file, but I'm a Mac guy and am not sure how to do that.

Thanks
Parents
  • Tom,
    I don't know the technical reason why the DPs were conflicting, but I sorted it out.
    I went into the config menus on the DPs and checked the "DHCP" box on each.
    Now everything is fine.
    To make these DPs work with my Hog3PC setup, I had changed all sorts of settings on the PC and on the DPs.
    I suppose I should reset the DPs to their defaults when I use them with the Hog3 in the future.
    Perhaps I should also pick up a copy of "networks for dummies" since I'm really hazy about the whole networking thing.
    Thanks for your help.
    -John
  • Tom,
    I don't know the technical reason why the DPs were conflicting, but I sorted it out.
    I went into the config menus on the DPs and checked the "DHCP" box on each.
    Now everything is fine.
    To make these DPs work with my Hog3PC setup, I had changed all sorts of settings on the PC and on the DPs.
    I suppose I should reset the DPs to their defaults when I use them with the Hog3 in the future.
    Perhaps I should also pick up a copy of "networks for dummies" since I'm really hazy about the whole networking thing.
    Thanks for your help.
    -John
Children
No Data
Related