Automatic restart of processes?

Why don't ad an option to restart processes? Sometimes the GUI crashes but everything works, so why don't have an autostart of crashed processes?
Parents
  • Magnus,

I spoke with our lead developer and there are a few issues with automatically restarting processes.

First, as I assumed, the most difficult piece of the puzzle is actually making that a process has stopped responding and isn't just working. This would be very important and potentially difficult because false positives could cause us lots of problems.

Second, we would still need to add an interface component to prompt users before restarting processes and this could be difficult, depending on which process has stopped.

Third, in our current situation it would be a better use of our resources to work on improving stability and reducing failure than to work on better handling of our failure cases.

I hope this answers your question.
  • Magnus,

I spoke with our lead developer and there are a few issues with automatically restarting processes.

First, as I assumed, the most difficult piece of the puzzle is actually making that a process has stopped responding and isn't just working. This would be very important and potentially difficult because false positives could cause us lots of problems.

Second, we would still need to add an interface component to prompt users before restarting processes and this could be difficult, depending on which process has stopped.

Third, in our current situation it would be a better use of our resources to work on improving stability and reducing failure than to work on better handling of our failure cases.

I hope this answers your question.
Children
No Data
Related