Color labelling

A while ago I remember a discussion requesting the facility to set custom background colors to pallets as you can label folders on the Mac. As an enhancement it struck me it would also be useful to extend this to the patch view. When dealing with large numbers of RGB cells it would help identify real world fixture start addresses, giving the ability to highlight in groups of 18 etc.

Thanks Ross
Parents
  • i know, i just tried to be funny;)

well.. as far as having many colours in a pallette, i personally don't think the idea, or the reason for colourcoding is to actually tell me all the different colours are in it if it has many.. of cource for seperate colour pallettes, or pallettes with two colours this is not the case, but if i have many colours in a pallette, i would only need to it to tell me that.. so maybe a icon of a rainbow if it has many colours in it??
    -I hope, or atleast guess that since we now are getting closer to colorcoding of pallettes, that they are also thinking about icon/bitmap/gobo/videoclip/thumbnail coding of pallettes as i would expect that implementing that is very related to colourcoding.. so when we get icon/bitmap/thumbnails also, people can just pick or make whatever icon they like for "special" pallettes as that..

-As for the automatic creation of colours based on colourpicker/gel charts that would be really cool!- and also beeing able to differ wheel slots from cmy will be even cooler..!;)

-This has been dicussed before i think, but just so it isn't forgotten: I would really like to be able to have different types of colourcoding.. especially when i think about the groups pallettes, so i can have fifferent colour "icons" on spots and wash's, conventional, leds etc.. you get the idea.. i think someone made some graphic examples in an old thread.. but say that if we had as an example: a sircle(maybe hard and soft edges),the whole pallette, a sqare in middle,maybe 3 dots(to indicate it's leds).. atleast some smart "icons" for us to use.
  • i know, i just tried to be funny;)

well.. as far as having many colours in a pallette, i personally don't think the idea, or the reason for colourcoding is to actually tell me all the different colours are in it if it has many.. of cource for seperate colour pallettes, or pallettes with two colours this is not the case, but if i have many colours in a pallette, i would only need to it to tell me that.. so maybe a icon of a rainbow if it has many colours in it??
    -I hope, or atleast guess that since we now are getting closer to colorcoding of pallettes, that they are also thinking about icon/bitmap/gobo/videoclip/thumbnail coding of pallettes as i would expect that implementing that is very related to colourcoding.. so when we get icon/bitmap/thumbnails also, people can just pick or make whatever icon they like for "special" pallettes as that..

-As for the automatic creation of colours based on colourpicker/gel charts that would be really cool!- and also beeing able to differ wheel slots from cmy will be even cooler..!;)

-This has been dicussed before i think, but just so it isn't forgotten: I would really like to be able to have different types of colourcoding.. especially when i think about the groups pallettes, so i can have fifferent colour "icons" on spots and wash's, conventional, leds etc.. you get the idea.. i think someone made some graphic examples in an old thread.. but say that if we had as an example: a sircle(maybe hard and soft edges),the whole pallette, a sqare in middle,maybe 3 dots(to indicate it's leds).. atleast some smart "icons" for us to use.
Children
No Data
Related