Ussing Blind Mode.

I have tried using blind mode numerouse times to attempt to
create another look and or affect so that no one can see it till i execute the new looks or effect. however whenever i hit blind mode
all the fixtures go dark. What can i do? Thanks Again......

Amber.
Parents
  • Amber,

It looks like you've already had some good responses, but I want to clarify a few things.

First, the Wholehog 3 allows you to have multiple editors active at any time. The default editor is the programmer, but you can also open editors for cues, scenes, and palettes. The currently active editor will have its edit toolbar button pressed and its name will be displayed on the command line toolbar.

When you press Blind, it toggles the blind state of the active editor. When an editor is in blind, it will not output any of its contents to stage. This means that if everything that you have on stage is coming from your active editor, when you press blind everything will return to default values, including 0% intensity. If you have a look on stage that is coming from the playback of cues and scenes, when you press blind all of the changes in your active editor will be removed from the stage output and you should be looking at the look that was built with playback(s).

As folks have mentioned above, we have not yet implemented the Wholehog 2 style of keystroke macros. We do have an extensive comment macro system that can be used to handle common tasks. Comment macros can be associated with any cue or scene (even if it doesn't have fixtures recorded in it). Just open the cuelist window, select the comment macro cell for a cue, and press Set. This will bring up a list of available comment macros.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks.
  • Amber,

It looks like you've already had some good responses, but I want to clarify a few things.

First, the Wholehog 3 allows you to have multiple editors active at any time. The default editor is the programmer, but you can also open editors for cues, scenes, and palettes. The currently active editor will have its edit toolbar button pressed and its name will be displayed on the command line toolbar.

When you press Blind, it toggles the blind state of the active editor. When an editor is in blind, it will not output any of its contents to stage. This means that if everything that you have on stage is coming from your active editor, when you press blind everything will return to default values, including 0% intensity. If you have a look on stage that is coming from the playback of cues and scenes, when you press blind all of the changes in your active editor will be removed from the stage output and you should be looking at the look that was built with playback(s).

As folks have mentioned above, we have not yet implemented the Wholehog 2 style of keystroke macros. We do have an extensive comment macro system that can be used to handle common tasks. Comment macros can be associated with any cue or scene (even if it doesn't have fixtures recorded in it). Just open the cuelist window, select the comment macro cell for a cue, and press Set. This will bring up a list of available comment macros.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related