Insering a mark.

On the Hog 3 how would i insert a mark after cue? Since the hog 3 does
Have the option display like the hog 2.

Thanks Again .

Amber.
Parents
  • Amber,

We haven't implemented auto-marking functionality like the Wholehog 2 had in the Wholehog 3. This is a functionality that we plan to add, as is an enhanced "move in dark" feature that would allow cuelists and cues to mark automatically as they are played back. You can look forward to seeing these features in upcoming releases.

Until then, you can always build your own mark cues, which many programmers prefer because it offers the most control over how marking happens.

Let's say, for example, that you have cue 1 and cue 2, and you want to mark cue 2. Here's one way that you could go about doing it.

First, I generally create a mark palette. I select all of my fixtures, set them at intensity 0%, and record this as intensity palette 1. I name this palette MARK.

Now, play cue 1.
    Cue 2 Copy Enter. (copies cue 2 into the programmer)
    Intensity 1 Enter. (applies the mark palette)
    Record 1.003 Enter. (I generally record all of my mark cues as x.xx3, so that they are easily identifiable. I don't like marking within cues that are doing other things because it makes editing them more difficult.)

At this point, you have a mark cue, but it may also be marking for fixtures that were on in cue 1, which would take those fixtures to black. Because cue 1 is currently playing, this is easy to resolve.

Live Enter. (selects all fixtures with intensity above 0%)
    Touch. (on the main toolbar, grabs values into the programmer for all parameters)
    Record Remove 1.003 Enter. (removes all parameters for all fixtures that were already on in cue 1)

And now your mark cue should be ready to go.

The reason that I create my MARK palette is because now as I'm playing through my cuelist, I can easily tell in my output window the difference between a fixture that is not doing anything and available for use (0%) and a fixture that is marking for an upcoming cue (MARK) as long as Show Palettes is turned on.

I hope this helps.
  • Amber,

We haven't implemented auto-marking functionality like the Wholehog 2 had in the Wholehog 3. This is a functionality that we plan to add, as is an enhanced "move in dark" feature that would allow cuelists and cues to mark automatically as they are played back. You can look forward to seeing these features in upcoming releases.

Until then, you can always build your own mark cues, which many programmers prefer because it offers the most control over how marking happens.

Let's say, for example, that you have cue 1 and cue 2, and you want to mark cue 2. Here's one way that you could go about doing it.

First, I generally create a mark palette. I select all of my fixtures, set them at intensity 0%, and record this as intensity palette 1. I name this palette MARK.

Now, play cue 1.
    Cue 2 Copy Enter. (copies cue 2 into the programmer)
    Intensity 1 Enter. (applies the mark palette)
    Record 1.003 Enter. (I generally record all of my mark cues as x.xx3, so that they are easily identifiable. I don't like marking within cues that are doing other things because it makes editing them more difficult.)

At this point, you have a mark cue, but it may also be marking for fixtures that were on in cue 1, which would take those fixtures to black. Because cue 1 is currently playing, this is easy to resolve.

Live Enter. (selects all fixtures with intensity above 0%)
    Touch. (on the main toolbar, grabs values into the programmer for all parameters)
    Record Remove 1.003 Enter. (removes all parameters for all fixtures that were already on in cue 1)

And now your mark cue should be ready to go.

The reason that I create my MARK palette is because now as I'm playing through my cuelist, I can easily tell in my output window the difference between a fixture that is not doing anything and available for use (0%) and a fixture that is marking for an upcoming cue (MARK) as long as Show Palettes is turned on.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related