iPC not outputing on monitor 1

Have an iPC that seems to have an issue with the onboard video. When the console boots up I see a BIOS screen that I have not seen before. It's a graphical screen instead of just text. After that the screen becomes distorted and then a few seconds later it boots up with monitor two thinking it's monitor one. I am thinking that the onboard video has gone and not fixable. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks a bunch
Chris Lighthall
Parents
  • Hi Chris,
    You can do a full system restore (back up all data/shows that you want to keep first)
    I have found that the monitor's sometimes get confused and a full system restore this can fix related problems.
    After a full system restore you will need to swap both monitors in the config section of IPC.Select bot monitors if they have been detected and swap them,re-calibrate etc.
    Another thing worth checking is that the graphics card hasn't moved or shifted which can also cause this problem,
    I've probably missed a few steps here but marty can clarify a lot better than myself other fault checking steps before deciding if the video card/90 deg is faulty.
    Have a search of the forums as there are lots of posts about IPC monitors and fault finding steps.

Good luck,
    C
  • Hi Chris,
    You can do a full system restore (back up all data/shows that you want to keep first)
    I have found that the monitor's sometimes get confused and a full system restore this can fix related problems.
    After a full system restore you will need to swap both monitors in the config section of IPC.Select bot monitors if they have been detected and swap them,re-calibrate etc.
    Another thing worth checking is that the graphics card hasn't moved or shifted which can also cause this problem,
    I've probably missed a few steps here but marty can clarify a lot better than myself other fault checking steps before deciding if the video card/90 deg is faulty.
    Have a search of the forums as there are lots of posts about IPC monitors and fault finding steps.

Good luck,
    C
Children
No Data
Related