iPC not outputing on monitor 1

Have an iPC that seems to have an issue with the onboard video. When the console boots up I see a BIOS screen that I have not seen before. It's a graphical screen instead of just text. After that the screen becomes distorted and then a few seconds later it boots up with monitor two thinking it's monitor one. I am thinking that the onboard video has gone and not fixable. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks a bunch
Chris Lighthall
Parents
  • It sounds like the BIOS settings need to be corrected. I've seen this problem myself, and this thread helped me solve the problem:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3602
    I've quoted the relevant part of the discussion here...

[quote=Mitch]When you say output one, is this the display on the right when operating the console?
    Do the windows etc normally on the right screen now appear on the left display as well?

It is possible the BIOS battery has died causing the console to lose the BIOS settings. I have included a link below about this. The BIOS settings are at the end of the document, you may try checking these and seeing if they are correct.

www.flyingpig.com/support/BIOSBatteryReplace.pdf

Thanks,
    Mitch
  • It sounds like the BIOS settings need to be corrected. I've seen this problem myself, and this thread helped me solve the problem:

forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=3602
    I've quoted the relevant part of the discussion here...

[quote=Mitch]When you say output one, is this the display on the right when operating the console?
    Do the windows etc normally on the right screen now appear on the left display as well?

It is possible the BIOS battery has died causing the console to lose the BIOS settings. I have included a link below about this. The BIOS settings are at the end of the document, you may try checking these and seeing if they are correct.

www.flyingpig.com/support/BIOSBatteryReplace.pdf

Thanks,
    Mitch
Children
No Data
Related