Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

I like the iPC rolling style case. It fits well in car trunks / seats and is shipping-friendly for UPS and Fedex.

I had some suggestions for the iPC but that's a done deal and this case should be easier. I like the accessories case on top. I would make sure that fits a keyboard, mouse, discs and manual as well as rooom for a USB CD-RW. The USB CD-Drive will be huge. First, as many have stated here, thumb drives have some reliability issues. Second, if you are transfering from Hog III you will need a CD-RW as it doesn't support thumb drives so there is a compatibility issue there. Right now no way to get shows from Hog III to Road Hog.

I would assume the desklights will have to be stored in the case. I would put them in some sort of hold to keep them from bouncing around.

It would be nice is there was some way make some movable dividers or straps so that you could strap things down inside the storage bin so your accessories aren't flopping around, particularly the drives. Something like you see with laptop cases with velcro/felt dividers that can be repositioned. Tough to make something movable yet durable though so that may not work.

Unfortunately the weight of the lid with the storage makes is an iPC case a little bulky to take off with one person, but I don't know if there is a way around that.

One thing I would be careful about is to make sure if the console is designed to be left in the case lid that all of the connections on the back are clear from the foam in the case. Sometimes the connectors are low enough that the console actually rests on the connectors rather than the feet. You end up shifting the console out of it's case slightly, then forgetting to reseat it properly. Or you have to prop it up with something or worse you leave it and connectors bend or become loose.

Also I would carfully check to see the fit and padding when the console is stood on the wheels. We've had some issues with our iPCs shifting slightly. The newer models seem to be a litter better.

Wow, that's got long in a hurry. Thanks for asking, good to chat. I think this will be a strong product.

Travis
  • Hi Tom,

I like the iPC rolling style case. It fits well in car trunks / seats and is shipping-friendly for UPS and Fedex.

I had some suggestions for the iPC but that's a done deal and this case should be easier. I like the accessories case on top. I would make sure that fits a keyboard, mouse, discs and manual as well as rooom for a USB CD-RW. The USB CD-Drive will be huge. First, as many have stated here, thumb drives have some reliability issues. Second, if you are transfering from Hog III you will need a CD-RW as it doesn't support thumb drives so there is a compatibility issue there. Right now no way to get shows from Hog III to Road Hog.

I would assume the desklights will have to be stored in the case. I would put them in some sort of hold to keep them from bouncing around.

It would be nice is there was some way make some movable dividers or straps so that you could strap things down inside the storage bin so your accessories aren't flopping around, particularly the drives. Something like you see with laptop cases with velcro/felt dividers that can be repositioned. Tough to make something movable yet durable though so that may not work.

Unfortunately the weight of the lid with the storage makes is an iPC case a little bulky to take off with one person, but I don't know if there is a way around that.

One thing I would be careful about is to make sure if the console is designed to be left in the case lid that all of the connections on the back are clear from the foam in the case. Sometimes the connectors are low enough that the console actually rests on the connectors rather than the feet. You end up shifting the console out of it's case slightly, then forgetting to reseat it properly. Or you have to prop it up with something or worse you leave it and connectors bend or become loose.

Also I would carfully check to see the fit and padding when the console is stood on the wheels. We've had some issues with our iPCs shifting slightly. The newer models seem to be a litter better.

Wow, that's got long in a hurry. Thanks for asking, good to chat. I think this will be a strong product.

Travis
Children
No Data
Related