Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Scott,

The reason that we haven't enabled USB mass storage devices on the Wholehog 3 console is because, frankly, the v2.4.19 linux kernel that we run has really bad support for them. I actually did some testing to prove this on a console and mapped my ZIP to a USB memory stick and turned on autobackup. I was having corruption problems within a matter of hours.

We are currently working on making some significant changes to our entire code base that will allow us to upgrade both the compiler that we use and the linux kernel, which will pave the way for getting USB drives working well on the console.
  • Scott,

The reason that we haven't enabled USB mass storage devices on the Wholehog 3 console is because, frankly, the v2.4.19 linux kernel that we run has really bad support for them. I actually did some testing to prove this on a console and mapped my ZIP to a USB memory stick and turned on autobackup. I was having corruption problems within a matter of hours.

We are currently working on making some significant changes to our entire code base that will allow us to upgrade both the compiler that we use and the linux kernel, which will pave the way for getting USB drives working well on the console.
Children
No Data
Related