Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Jon,

I agree that I find myself wanting more even when I go out with a Hog iPC that has 3 monitors instead of the 4 that I get with the Wholehog 3 console.

The Road Hog's lack of external monitor support is one of the things that separates it from the Hog iPC console. Consider this: The Road Hog MSRP is approximately half that of the Hog iPC. This prices it in the neighborhood of a Jands Hog 1000. You're getting a console with 2 12 inch color touchscreens for roughly the price of a console with a small internal screen and one external monitor, neither of which were touchscreens. The Road Hog also offers 4 universes instead of 2 and expandability with up to 8 additional banks of 10 playbacks using USB mini wings or full-sized expansion wings.

The Road Hog is also likely to end up on smaller shows, where the output window can comfortably fit on an 800x600 screen and the directory windows will contain fewer items. This should make it easier to cope with losing the third monitor.
  • Jon,

I agree that I find myself wanting more even when I go out with a Hog iPC that has 3 monitors instead of the 4 that I get with the Wholehog 3 console.

The Road Hog's lack of external monitor support is one of the things that separates it from the Hog iPC console. Consider this: The Road Hog MSRP is approximately half that of the Hog iPC. This prices it in the neighborhood of a Jands Hog 1000. You're getting a console with 2 12 inch color touchscreens for roughly the price of a console with a small internal screen and one external monitor, neither of which were touchscreens. The Road Hog also offers 4 universes instead of 2 and expandability with up to 8 additional banks of 10 playbacks using USB mini wings or full-sized expansion wings.

The Road Hog is also likely to end up on smaller shows, where the output window can comfortably fit on an 800x600 screen and the directory windows will contain fewer items. This should make it easier to cope with losing the third monitor.
Children
No Data
Related