Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Hello,

returned from Frankfurt where I had the occasion to see and play with the Desk.

Nice one, seems to run faster than the iPC. The Desk itself is very nice, it is higher than the ipc , especially when the screens of the ipc are tilted backwards.

The encoder wheels are in plastic, so be prepared for some spare parts to replace them with the ones from the 3 or the ipc. The Lights in from of the consoles are a good idea, but as far as I've seen you cannot dim the blue ones.

The place to put the arms on is smaller and harder than the one on the ipc and it cannot be opened to put, f.ex, the desklight in it.

Nice is that the fader do align the screen. The usb stick is very nice, and yes, it was still there, nobody stole it :) I guess this will be a thing on the shows, it is so visible and I guess it will happen mor than once that it will be stolen. Didn't try what happens if a cool sound guy will come and unplug it during a show (oh, i quickly need a usb stick to copy whatsoever to my digital desk bla bla bla you probably know these guys).

there is no control panel like the ipc, then screen setting f.ex are done in setup/control panel directly in hog3pc. The desklights cannot be changed to blue, only white LEDs.

Bottom line, really nice and cool desk, for the price and the features a real nice one, guess it will have a huge success. There will be plenty of theses desks around pretty sure. I guess the flightcase will be taller than the iPC one, and yes, I like the trolly FC of the iPC, I think this would be nice for the roadhog also

Great Job !!! Now don't tell me that all of You guys where on the tradeshow too, I saw fons (sales europe).

Tom
  • Hello,

returned from Frankfurt where I had the occasion to see and play with the Desk.

Nice one, seems to run faster than the iPC. The Desk itself is very nice, it is higher than the ipc , especially when the screens of the ipc are tilted backwards.

The encoder wheels are in plastic, so be prepared for some spare parts to replace them with the ones from the 3 or the ipc. The Lights in from of the consoles are a good idea, but as far as I've seen you cannot dim the blue ones.

The place to put the arms on is smaller and harder than the one on the ipc and it cannot be opened to put, f.ex, the desklight in it.

Nice is that the fader do align the screen. The usb stick is very nice, and yes, it was still there, nobody stole it :) I guess this will be a thing on the shows, it is so visible and I guess it will happen mor than once that it will be stolen. Didn't try what happens if a cool sound guy will come and unplug it during a show (oh, i quickly need a usb stick to copy whatsoever to my digital desk bla bla bla you probably know these guys).

there is no control panel like the ipc, then screen setting f.ex are done in setup/control panel directly in hog3pc. The desklights cannot be changed to blue, only white LEDs.

Bottom line, really nice and cool desk, for the price and the features a real nice one, guess it will have a huge success. There will be plenty of theses desks around pretty sure. I guess the flightcase will be taller than the iPC one, and yes, I like the trolly FC of the iPC, I think this would be nice for the roadhog also

Great Job !!! Now don't tell me that all of You guys where on the tradeshow too, I saw fons (sales europe).

Tom
Children
No Data
Related