Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Is there any conceivable chance of support for an external USB MIDI interface ever being added to this console ?

I could definitely see this console as a fantastic option for small (& maybe even not-so-small) Broadway & other theater shows. The limitations are practically inconsequential when you compare this console to its big brothers vs. comparing a Hog 2 to a Hog 1000. The lack of external monitors is not a big deal for me (I never use them on a Hog 3), *most* theater shows can fit into 4 universes, the price is an absolute steal (which means you can get more lights instead of a more expensive console), but the absence of MIDI is an complete, absolute, no-workaround deal-breaker for me, because in 95% of everything I do, the Obsession (or other conventional console) fires the moving-light console via Midi Show Control.

SMPTE via USB is already available as an option; please please please consider/re-consider doing the same for MIDI. I just can't see the logic in having to pay twice as much for a console *just* to add MIDI, when it would be relatively simple to do via USB.
  • Is there any conceivable chance of support for an external USB MIDI interface ever being added to this console ?

I could definitely see this console as a fantastic option for small (& maybe even not-so-small) Broadway & other theater shows. The limitations are practically inconsequential when you compare this console to its big brothers vs. comparing a Hog 2 to a Hog 1000. The lack of external monitors is not a big deal for me (I never use them on a Hog 3), *most* theater shows can fit into 4 universes, the price is an absolute steal (which means you can get more lights instead of a more expensive console), but the absence of MIDI is an complete, absolute, no-workaround deal-breaker for me, because in 95% of everything I do, the Obsession (or other conventional console) fires the moving-light console via Midi Show Control.

SMPTE via USB is already available as an option; please please please consider/re-consider doing the same for MIDI. I just can't see the logic in having to pay twice as much for a console *just* to add MIDI, when it would be relatively simple to do via USB.
Children
No Data
Related