Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • [QUOTE=teerickson]For now, just remember that the Road Hog is targeted to smaller productions and that if you need MIDI you can certainly use either the Wholehog 3 console or Hog iPC.

Thanks.

That is not such a good rationale Tom. In this world of more high tech finding its way into productions (ie, DIY hardware, open source communities, general geekery on the rise) cross communication and integration between control equipment has become more commonplace. I work on plenty of smaller productions that utilize a lot of high tech in their performance and MIDI is used quite a bit to pull all aspects of performance control (audio, video, even scenic) together. It has been cost prohibitive to rent a larger console and I have had to go to other manufacturers to find a control solution that works within the budget.
    MIDI implementation to end users with a console like this is more important to us than you think it is.
    The hog 2 had a great MIDI implementation which has since disappeared in any iteration current of hog. Why go backwards into the future?
  • [QUOTE=teerickson]For now, just remember that the Road Hog is targeted to smaller productions and that if you need MIDI you can certainly use either the Wholehog 3 console or Hog iPC.

Thanks.

That is not such a good rationale Tom. In this world of more high tech finding its way into productions (ie, DIY hardware, open source communities, general geekery on the rise) cross communication and integration between control equipment has become more commonplace. I work on plenty of smaller productions that utilize a lot of high tech in their performance and MIDI is used quite a bit to pull all aspects of performance control (audio, video, even scenic) together. It has been cost prohibitive to rent a larger console and I have had to go to other manufacturers to find a control solution that works within the budget.
    MIDI implementation to end users with a console like this is more important to us than you think it is.
    The hog 2 had a great MIDI implementation which has since disappeared in any iteration current of hog. Why go backwards into the future?
Children
No Data
Related