Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]Of course it doesn't break the deal for me, but LDI is 6 months away and that gives Flying Pig plenty of windows to come up with a Midi Widget for the Roadhog.

But they aren't doing Orlando according to LN.....so you actually have 18 months before you can see it at an LDI. :poke: :poke: :poke:

Sorry...had to lighten this up a little bit.

My take on this entire MIDI thing......

Should MIDI be "included" - for my money and the price of the console, NO.
    Should MIDI be an "option" - absolute YES.....as an external widget of some type.

I can count on one hand how many times I've needed some type of MIDI on a console. I can't count how many times I have need SMPTE. Does this mean there shouldn't be MIDI, absolutely not...

I understand that people still use MIDI (for MSC or MTC....doesn't matter) but this has gotten really steamy over something that is just crazy...especially since the desk isn't even shipping yet. I can understand asking for it, but this has really gotten crazy.

All I can say is that my PO just went in for a Road Hog for an install. It was the PERFECT solution for this location. They wanted Hog 3 software (insisted on it to be honest). It's a smaller room with movers, LEDs and conventionals and was originally spec'd as an iPC because they couldn't afford the III. When the Road Hog was released, I sent it to them and they jumped at it. Now, it freed up some money for more movers.

But your mileage may vary....
  • [QUOTE=SourceChild]Of course it doesn't break the deal for me, but LDI is 6 months away and that gives Flying Pig plenty of windows to come up with a Midi Widget for the Roadhog.

But they aren't doing Orlando according to LN.....so you actually have 18 months before you can see it at an LDI. :poke: :poke: :poke:

Sorry...had to lighten this up a little bit.

My take on this entire MIDI thing......

Should MIDI be "included" - for my money and the price of the console, NO.
    Should MIDI be an "option" - absolute YES.....as an external widget of some type.

I can count on one hand how many times I've needed some type of MIDI on a console. I can't count how many times I have need SMPTE. Does this mean there shouldn't be MIDI, absolutely not...

I understand that people still use MIDI (for MSC or MTC....doesn't matter) but this has gotten really steamy over something that is just crazy...especially since the desk isn't even shipping yet. I can understand asking for it, but this has really gotten crazy.

All I can say is that my PO just went in for a Road Hog for an install. It was the PERFECT solution for this location. They wanted Hog 3 software (insisted on it to be honest). It's a smaller room with movers, LEDs and conventionals and was originally spec'd as an iPC because they couldn't afford the III. When the Road Hog was released, I sent it to them and they jumped at it. Now, it freed up some money for more movers.

But your mileage may vary....
Children
No Data
Related