Roadhog

www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=390

Hi tom/Brad/Mitch,
Any chance of a post about the new console and what it can and can't do?

Regards Cormac
Parents
  • Todd,
    Perhaps my frustration lies in the fact that the roadhog is a great desk, and in my opinion, the ONLY thing lacking in it is midi,
    I also believe that the added cost of a midi/smpte widget is somewhat unacceptable, I can't think of a single desk from flying pig that wouldn't take timecode out of the box. (perhaps Hog 1??)
    If a timecode widget costed around 100$ instead of $1000 I think some people would not have a problem with the fact that it doesn't have any sort of timecode built in.

"Perhaps you are not aware that I am simply showing my anger at the fact that a forum full of product users and complaining about a product that is wonderfully priced with reasonably proportionate features"

I agree that it has reasonable features, with the only exception being the fact that it doesn't take midi out of the box, and Last I checked that was the purpose of these forums, is to express our likes and dislikes so that High End can help to fill the needs of a greater number of its customers.

OR if as we all have talked about a few times if it took a
    The price of the SMPTE widget doesn't seem too bad when compared with the cost of a Hog 3 or with an IOP, but when you take into account the low cost of the desk, adding around $$800-$1000 for timecode input seems a bit extreme, Especially since it has been an included feature of the rest of Flying Pig/Highend desks for a very long time.

In any case, no hard feelings, I call it like I see it.
    Josh

(In any case, I will stop kicking the dead horse)
  • Todd,
    Perhaps my frustration lies in the fact that the roadhog is a great desk, and in my opinion, the ONLY thing lacking in it is midi,
    I also believe that the added cost of a midi/smpte widget is somewhat unacceptable, I can't think of a single desk from flying pig that wouldn't take timecode out of the box. (perhaps Hog 1??)
    If a timecode widget costed around 100$ instead of $1000 I think some people would not have a problem with the fact that it doesn't have any sort of timecode built in.

"Perhaps you are not aware that I am simply showing my anger at the fact that a forum full of product users and complaining about a product that is wonderfully priced with reasonably proportionate features"

I agree that it has reasonable features, with the only exception being the fact that it doesn't take midi out of the box, and Last I checked that was the purpose of these forums, is to express our likes and dislikes so that High End can help to fill the needs of a greater number of its customers.

OR if as we all have talked about a few times if it took a
    The price of the SMPTE widget doesn't seem too bad when compared with the cost of a Hog 3 or with an IOP, but when you take into account the low cost of the desk, adding around $$800-$1000 for timecode input seems a bit extreme, Especially since it has been an included feature of the rest of Flying Pig/Highend desks for a very long time.

In any case, no hard feelings, I call it like I see it.
    Josh

(In any case, I will stop kicking the dead horse)
Children
No Data
Related