RE:

Goodmorning everyone,

Can someone explain to me the srtucutre of a multi fader effects.
i would like to try some at school for an upcomming show in april,
and also how i can understand the design aspect of show effects.

Thanks Again.

Amber.
Parents
  • Sounds like what you want to do is what our UK friends call "busking". Or saying it in literal terms you want to be able to create the looks on-the-fly during the show depending on what the band plays next or how you feel.

Have you practiced or done a show where you record only certain parameters to a particular fader? Here's a simple example.

Say I have all conventionals and 1 set of 6 Cyberlights.

On Fader10 I would record a series of cues that are different looks for my conventionals.

On Fader9 I would record a series of cues that are only the color parameter of the Cybers. You do this by selecting USE C when recording.
    Here's the long example, select all of the Cybers, set to full, pick a color, Choose fader 9, press Record, press Use C (on the right monitor), press Enter.

On Fader8 record a series of cues that are only Beam Parameters. Use B.

Fader9 for Position Parameters, and so on.

You can have a fader of cues using Effects from the Effect engine.

You can have a fader of Macros that start/stop cuelists that are not assigned to a fader.

Now when you want to playback at the show you simply Choose the fader and Goto the cue for the look you want.

While it takes a few seconds to "create" the look it leaves you maximum flexibility.

Does this make sense?
  • Sounds like what you want to do is what our UK friends call "busking". Or saying it in literal terms you want to be able to create the looks on-the-fly during the show depending on what the band plays next or how you feel.

Have you practiced or done a show where you record only certain parameters to a particular fader? Here's a simple example.

Say I have all conventionals and 1 set of 6 Cyberlights.

On Fader10 I would record a series of cues that are different looks for my conventionals.

On Fader9 I would record a series of cues that are only the color parameter of the Cybers. You do this by selecting USE C when recording.
    Here's the long example, select all of the Cybers, set to full, pick a color, Choose fader 9, press Record, press Use C (on the right monitor), press Enter.

On Fader8 record a series of cues that are only Beam Parameters. Use B.

Fader9 for Position Parameters, and so on.

You can have a fader of cues using Effects from the Effect engine.

You can have a fader of Macros that start/stop cuelists that are not assigned to a fader.

Now when you want to playback at the show you simply Choose the fader and Goto the cue for the look you want.

While it takes a few seconds to "create" the look it leaves you maximum flexibility.

Does this make sense?
Children
No Data
Related