Getting our Hog3PC - Any and All suggestions / ideas welcome

Good Evening Everyone:

I have gotten word that our HOG3PC should be here by wednesday next week and to say the least I am getting very excited. Currently we are using a Strand GSX board, running the Genius software. Our current rig consists of about 44 desk channels that are divided between our stage lights (1-17) (a mix of Par 64s and Elipsoidials) House Lights (25-42) and special effects (wall washes) (50-60). Purchasing our HOG is the first step of our upgrade which will add 8 Chauvet Intimidators on a back line around the stage for back lighting and special effects, 10 Color Kinetics color blasts for wall washes around our stage, 4 Studio Spot 575 on the front bar for stage lighting and effects, and probably adding additonal Elipsoidals in side boxes and what is essentially a balcony front bar (the details are yet to be worked out totally).

We are a fairly contemporary church who does a variety of styles of music depending on the service ranging from bluegrass gospel to Praise and Worship (upbeat). We also do reasonably large musical drama productions at Christmas and Easter.

I am looking for any and all suggestions and input on how to properly utilize the Hog PC for our services and programs. We are getting the programming wing and 1 running wing and the DMX widget.

Currently, using our GSX, i keep a series of "Stock" cues (looks, scenes, whatever they are called) that i call by tying in the cue and hitting go throughout the service, in addition i have the lights available on manuals that i can grab and put up as I need them if the situation on stage changes.

Thanks a bunch, and I'm glad to provide any other details you need.

Tim Holmes
First Baptist Church
Medina Ohio
Parents
  • Hi Adam:

The hog is in currently although we are waiting on a widget upgrade to make it a hog 3 pc. It sounds like your sanctuary is run very very similar to the way we run ours. I program a list each saturday and run it directly on sunday mornings. I also use HTP Faders as backup and for covering spots etc. Right now we dont have any moving lights, however, i am seeing demos this week of fixtures that we are considering, both moving yokes and LED Wash fixtures. I would be very interested in a more in-depth explaination of how your cue list for the youth worship area is set up. What i am hoping to be able to do eventually is to have like a basic cue list and then individual cue lists for different songs that are either copied to the service list or run along side it -- I have NO experience programming moving lights or using them, so I'm lookin for any input i can get.

As far as the volunteers, I am it - - im a one man shop, so that does solve management issues, but raises issues of coverage when im gone.

Have a fantastic day

TIM
  • Hi Adam:

The hog is in currently although we are waiting on a widget upgrade to make it a hog 3 pc. It sounds like your sanctuary is run very very similar to the way we run ours. I program a list each saturday and run it directly on sunday mornings. I also use HTP Faders as backup and for covering spots etc. Right now we dont have any moving lights, however, i am seeing demos this week of fixtures that we are considering, both moving yokes and LED Wash fixtures. I would be very interested in a more in-depth explaination of how your cue list for the youth worship area is set up. What i am hoping to be able to do eventually is to have like a basic cue list and then individual cue lists for different songs that are either copied to the service list or run along side it -- I have NO experience programming moving lights or using them, so I'm lookin for any input i can get.

As far as the volunteers, I am it - - im a one man shop, so that does solve management issues, but raises issues of coverage when im gone.

Have a fantastic day

TIM
Children
No Data
Related