newbie: patching Hog3 PC

New to Hog3, decent @ Hog2. Patching fixtures, as soon as I hit the @ button to assign DMX start address the Fixture Patch window pops up and automatically assigns the fixture the next available DMX channel. How can I manually enter a different start address?
Parents
  • Brooke,

Version 2.1 software was released on March 5th of this year.

After your most recent post, I'm convinced that you're running an older version. With version 2.1, the splash screen is no longer "always on top" and you can bring the start screen in front of it.

As far as the fronting of screens is concerned, this is an issue that we're aware of and the problem is a bit of a battle with trying to force MS Windows to treat our application windows the way we need. You could certainly use a larger monitor or dual monitors. There's also one other option. I hate to sound like a sales guy, but if you use our USB programming and / or playback wings you can either reduce the size of the virtual front panel or remove the need for it completely. I also really like the convenience of having the physical buttons and not having to use the mouse.

I hope this helps.
  • Brooke,

Version 2.1 software was released on March 5th of this year.

After your most recent post, I'm convinced that you're running an older version. With version 2.1, the splash screen is no longer "always on top" and you can bring the start screen in front of it.

As far as the fronting of screens is concerned, this is an issue that we're aware of and the problem is a bit of a battle with trying to force MS Windows to treat our application windows the way we need. You could certainly use a larger monitor or dual monitors. There's also one other option. I hate to sound like a sales guy, but if you use our USB programming and / or playback wings you can either reduce the size of the virtual front panel or remove the need for it completely. I also really like the convenience of having the physical buttons and not having to use the mouse.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related