Copying Scenes to Cue Lists

Hi Folks:

I suspect this is a newbish question, but im not sure how to go about this. I have been through the manual section about scenes and cuelists and I have created a couple of scenes in my scene directory. I would like to be able to take my scenes and copy them - in a specific order to a cue list so that i can assemble a cuelist to run a service.

Im not sure if im attempting to do this the right way, or if there is a better approach. I am WIDE open to any / all suggestions of the right way to do this.

What I want to achieve is this: I would like to assemble a library of pre-defined "Looks" (some people call them cues, or scenes or presets) so that I can (ideally) either call them directly during a service, or assemble them into a cuelist to attach to a master so that the service can be run by hitting the GO key at the appropriate time (with the use of masters possibly for over-rides).

I initially thought that constructing my scenes (looks / whatever) in the scene directory was the way to go and then either playing them directly from there or copying them into a cue list, but its not working (they dont seem to arrive in the cue list) so im not sure where to go from here

I can gladly supply more info, if I've not been clear here

Thanks to all

TIM
Parents
  • -What I would do is type Scene, #, Copy, Enter, which would put the first scene in the programmer.
    -Then Record, Choose (Available Master) to create Cue 1.
    -Then before you clear the programmer, put all those fixtures to 0%, and Record Choose (Same Master) again to create Cue 2.
    -Now hit Clear, and put the second Scene in the programmer the same way.
    -Now Merge that Scene that is in your programmer into Cue 2.

The reason for putting the first look to 0% and creating Cue 2 is to assure that no unwanted fixtures will track into Cue 2's look, which is actually the second scene you merge into Cue 2.
    If you have movers that are changing Beam, Color, or Position from Cue 1 to Cue 2, you might have to add a Mark cue before Cue 2.
    I hope I'm explaining this right....someone else chime in.
  • -What I would do is type Scene, #, Copy, Enter, which would put the first scene in the programmer.
    -Then Record, Choose (Available Master) to create Cue 1.
    -Then before you clear the programmer, put all those fixtures to 0%, and Record Choose (Same Master) again to create Cue 2.
    -Now hit Clear, and put the second Scene in the programmer the same way.
    -Now Merge that Scene that is in your programmer into Cue 2.

The reason for putting the first look to 0% and creating Cue 2 is to assure that no unwanted fixtures will track into Cue 2's look, which is actually the second scene you merge into Cue 2.
    If you have movers that are changing Beam, Color, or Position from Cue 1 to Cue 2, you might have to add a Mark cue before Cue 2.
    I hope I'm explaining this right....someone else chime in.
Children
No Data
Related