Copying Scenes to Cue Lists

Hi Folks:

I suspect this is a newbish question, but im not sure how to go about this. I have been through the manual section about scenes and cuelists and I have created a couple of scenes in my scene directory. I would like to be able to take my scenes and copy them - in a specific order to a cue list so that i can assemble a cuelist to run a service.

Im not sure if im attempting to do this the right way, or if there is a better approach. I am WIDE open to any / all suggestions of the right way to do this.

What I want to achieve is this: I would like to assemble a library of pre-defined "Looks" (some people call them cues, or scenes or presets) so that I can (ideally) either call them directly during a service, or assemble them into a cuelist to attach to a master so that the service can be run by hitting the GO key at the appropriate time (with the use of masters possibly for over-rides).

I initially thought that constructing my scenes (looks / whatever) in the scene directory was the way to go and then either playing them directly from there or copying them into a cue list, but its not working (they dont seem to arrive in the cue list) so im not sure where to go from here

I can gladly supply more info, if I've not been clear here

Thanks to all

TIM
Parents
  • Tim,

The complexity that is added with moving lights (in addition to just additional parameters) is that there may be transitions between looks that don't look good on-stage because of live moves or changes in things like gobos.

You will need to decide what you're willing to see change live on stage. Without having much knowledge of your particular situation, my general suggestion is that you can rarely make the transition of a slotted gobo or colour look good, but that you can often finesse other parameters, even pan and tilt. I'm also making the assumption here that you may want to jump from any cue to any other cue in your list.

To set this up, each "look" that you have will basically be composed of 3 cues. The primary cue will be the actual look itself, this will be followed by a cue that fades out the fixtures that can't do live transitions nicely so that they can prepare for the next look. Each primary look cue will be preceded by a "mark" cue that prepares the fixtures that have been faded out for what they will be doing during the primary look.

Different people have different ways of doing this based on personal preference as programmers and operators, but that is generally the basic structure. I hope this gives you an idea to start from. Please feel free to keep asking questions and we'd all be glad to help out.

Thanks.
  • Tim,

The complexity that is added with moving lights (in addition to just additional parameters) is that there may be transitions between looks that don't look good on-stage because of live moves or changes in things like gobos.

You will need to decide what you're willing to see change live on stage. Without having much knowledge of your particular situation, my general suggestion is that you can rarely make the transition of a slotted gobo or colour look good, but that you can often finesse other parameters, even pan and tilt. I'm also making the assumption here that you may want to jump from any cue to any other cue in your list.

To set this up, each "look" that you have will basically be composed of 3 cues. The primary cue will be the actual look itself, this will be followed by a cue that fades out the fixtures that can't do live transitions nicely so that they can prepare for the next look. Each primary look cue will be preceded by a "mark" cue that prepares the fixtures that have been faded out for what they will be doing during the primary look.

Different people have different ways of doing this based on personal preference as programmers and operators, but that is generally the basic structure. I hope this gives you an idea to start from. Please feel free to keep asking questions and we'd all be glad to help out.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related