iPC as Backup for Hog 3

I'm about to load into a show with a Hog 3 and (1) DP2000 as my main desk, with an iPC as my backup console.

If I network the consoles, setting up the iPC as a client and H3 as server, will I be able to backup the show file directly to the iPC hard drive during programming?

Or, is it necessary to burn my final show file to CD and dump it to the iPC?

PG
Parents
  • Please correct me if i'm wrong on this,
    would it be possible to come out of the IPC via a midi cable to Hog III PC on a laptop with superwidget (via a USb-midi cable) and run your backup console that way instead of being networked so to to speak?
    If you really wanted i suppose a DMX merge would let you have almost instant control if something did happen to your IPC or if network problems happened...
    Also desktop crash's etc might not affect the HogIII PC

just wondering if there a few way alternative ways of running a backup plan...
    Sorry to jump all over this thread

Regards Cormac
  • Please correct me if i'm wrong on this,
    would it be possible to come out of the IPC via a midi cable to Hog III PC on a laptop with superwidget (via a USb-midi cable) and run your backup console that way instead of being networked so to to speak?
    If you really wanted i suppose a DMX merge would let you have almost instant control if something did happen to your IPC or if network problems happened...
    Also desktop crash's etc might not affect the HogIII PC

just wondering if there a few way alternative ways of running a backup plan...
    Sorry to jump all over this thread

Regards Cormac
Children
No Data
Related