iPC as Backup for Hog 3

I'm about to load into a show with a Hog 3 and (1) DP2000 as my main desk, with an iPC as my backup console.

If I network the consoles, setting up the iPC as a client and H3 as server, will I be able to backup the show file directly to the iPC hard drive during programming?

Or, is it necessary to burn my final show file to CD and dump it to the iPC?

PG
Parents
  • Yes! You can send out Midi Show control from the iPC to Hog3PC. This will allow Hog3PC to track thru the show side by side with the iPC. You will have to load the same show on both the iPC and Hog3PC and configure the software to use the appropriate midi devices in the Wholehog control panel and make sure the iPC is setup to send MSC and the Hog3PC is setup to receive MSC.

This will give you a great backup solution as it makes each system independent... if one crashes it does not effect the other. I know several users that are utilizing this type of setup to run a backup. If something happens to the main desk they will simply switch the dmx lines and continue on the second desk. In fact this seems to be one of the most popular backup solutions. Just be aware that any new programming that you do on the main console such as recording cues will not be recorded on the backup console. This backup solution is meant solely for playback.

-Chris Muenchow
  • Yes! You can send out Midi Show control from the iPC to Hog3PC. This will allow Hog3PC to track thru the show side by side with the iPC. You will have to load the same show on both the iPC and Hog3PC and configure the software to use the appropriate midi devices in the Wholehog control panel and make sure the iPC is setup to send MSC and the Hog3PC is setup to receive MSC.

This will give you a great backup solution as it makes each system independent... if one crashes it does not effect the other. I know several users that are utilizing this type of setup to run a backup. If something happens to the main desk they will simply switch the dmx lines and continue on the second desk. In fact this seems to be one of the most popular backup solutions. Just be aware that any new programming that you do on the main console such as recording cues will not be recorded on the backup console. This backup solution is meant solely for playback.

-Chris Muenchow
Children
No Data
Related