Changing Effect Playback Rate

Is it possible to change the rate of a programmed effect from a playback Choose button? The Hog II allowed this but the III appears not to. If not it would be a helpful feature to have. I have been using the III for a festival recently with visiting LD's and programmed a few busk pages but the apparent inabilty to change the rate of effects live meant that I had to record different speed versions of the same cue.
Parents
  • [quote=Steve K]
    Is it possible to change the rate of a programmed effect from a playback Choose button?

No

[quote=Steve K]
    ...a few busk pages but the apparent inabilty to change the rate of effects live meant that I had to record different speed versions of the same cue.

Yes, but if you're creating a busk page (I do this a lot) create one fader as an effects only fader.

The good thing about tracking is that if you record an effect in cue 1, just run cue 1. Grab the fixtures and change the effect rate and record as cue 2. The effect, offset, and length track through. You'll see this when you open your effects window and begin to modify parameters.
  • [quote=Steve K]
    Is it possible to change the rate of a programmed effect from a playback Choose button?

No

[quote=Steve K]
    ...a few busk pages but the apparent inabilty to change the rate of effects live meant that I had to record different speed versions of the same cue.

Yes, but if you're creating a busk page (I do this a lot) create one fader as an effects only fader.

The good thing about tracking is that if you record an effect in cue 1, just run cue 1. Grab the fixtures and change the effect rate and record as cue 2. The effect, offset, and length track through. You'll see this when you open your effects window and begin to modify parameters.
Children
No Data
Related